Ratty

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pity the next model Camry is 4-cylinder only. Although it's meant to look a fair bit better than the current one. And the Avalon replacement gets a nice 3.5L V6. Does anyone else think Toyota is cursed when it comes to large cars in Australia. Just think how many they've gone through: Crown, Cressida, Lexcen (ugh), Avalon. In fact, the only really good large model they released was the Cressida. Pity they didn't just stick with it.

Now that i think of it like that, i think you have hit the topic on the head; what you have said is so true ! - I guess they never really got the publics eye for large cars. Jap Cars = Small. Yank Cars = Large. Thats the way its always been, weird tho.

Now that i think of it like that, i think you have hit the topic on the head; what you have said is so true ! - I guess they never really got the publics eye for large cars. Jap Cars = Small. Yank Cars = Large. Thats the way its always been, weird tho.

Yeah, everyone assumes that because the Yanks can't build small cars and the Japs are good at it, that the reverse must also be true, that is, the Yanks have been known for their big cars, so the Japs mustn't be able to build small cars. In reality the Cressida was an excellent car (I'd consider it better than Commodores and Falcons of the same period). Pity it was auto only, and it was also a pity that Toyota Australia didn't offer it with the LS400 V8. They would have had an excellent Falcodore alternative then. Man I'd make a wicked product planner.

Hell Yes.

Back then, the Cressida was a VERY nice car, and they still are today, its ashame just now, with age and what not, the M series motors have got a reputable bad name on Head issues. The quality of a Toyota Japinese built car is FAR superriour to an American built Ford. Its intresting to pick up all the small details when working on cars day in and day out. I like it tho :D

.....warning :D warring....

the jap's are crap at inventing anything really, they are the worlds best thief's, but once they get there hands on something they can improve it out of sight, as you all may or maynot know i am a great fan of diesel engines, but the current jap diesels are about 15 years behind the german diesels, just look how long nissan has been making its current 4.2 diesel.

just to make my point...

people from the US and EC would see this more then us as most of our cars are 10 years behind the rest of the world...

e.g the dunnydore and falcon 6cyl engines

tervetulo2.JPG

ban me please ban me now.... i havea problem.....

just for those who don't know this is russia's greatest export

THE LADA NIVA.....

p.s i want one....

does any body know why they put rear window demisters on a lada niva?

to keep your hands warm while your pushing it....