Cool Ke10 Race Car

philbey

another crazy KE10. I love this thing, it's keeping up with early long bonnet porsches up until the long straight sections, I'm guessing they're 2.4 Litre porsches! As a 911 owner I have to say I never thought thought it'd be possible to get my 5K running this quick!

looks like unreal fun

Hey how do I embed video?

Edited by philbey

Members dont see this ad

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/kira_jidousya/fol...ml?m=lc&p=1

There is the web page for the KE10.

I clicked around a heap and got to the shop that built that 4K doesn't look to extreme an engine build from what I could tell his tacho stops at 6 grand and runs an early KE2X/3X gear bos so dare say low ratio diff pulls great down low gets to max RPM fast that is how he did it.

But well done gives me inspiration.

Cameron

Reading that website makes me want a KE10 so badly. One day I guess! Such beautiful machines, and so very Japanese!

I don't think this is what you were saying Cameron, but did he put the 4 speed box on to get higher RPM faster?

EDIT: Why would he use the 4K as oppose to the 5K?

Edited by xmoht

Actually I meant He did run a 4 speed. He has not put a 5 speed in it as of the 16th of this month.

Use google translator you can read his blog about it.

Does enduro racing with it 24 hour evens. And he still tuned the car to 140HP not bad for a 4K that runs 24hr straight ina race.

Cameron

Actually I meant He did run a 4 speed. He has not put a 5 speed in it as of the 16th of this month.

Use google translator you can read his blog about it.

Does enduro racing with it 24 hour evens. And he still tuned the car to 140HP not bad for a 4K that runs 24hr straight ina race.

Cameron

Yeah been reading his blog, that's how I saw the 5 - 4 speed box thing. As far as the engine though I can't see where he says how he got that sort of power out of an N/A motor. I saw the TRD upright mounts and TOM'S sticker, do you think he just followed the TRD K Engine Manual thing?

Also any ideas why 4K over 5K? Couldn't see anything about the endurance races needing certain capacity engines. I'm heading in the direction of building a better K series motor and currently have the 4K 4 speed so if he made that sort of power out of it it makes me think the hundreds of dollars spent on getting a 5K could be better spent.

As for TRD mounts he uses AE86 rubber with DIY up rights nothing special.

As for the engine possibly a class thing, He mentions economy in a post so possibly that also a 5K in Japan might be hard to get I don't know can't say for sure. But from my view a 5K would of been the better option.

Cameron

Yeh I was clicking around for a bit on his webpage but didn't get far, cheers for the link Cam.

Here's a funny quote talking about his new suspension bushes!

"The people who ride the Corolla KE10 item worth trying. "

This is wicked. One day I'll drop my 5K into a track built ke10 I reckon. It's a ball on the road but a single carb mild 5K would be fine on the road for the wags.

It's inspiring to see him have so much fun in what is still a cheap as car. I mean those two 911 he's chasing, you're looking at 30-40k to buy one cheap and then an engine rebuild to standard specs won't see much change from 6 grand!

Edited by philbey

Hahaha he keeps calling his exhaust manifold an Octopus. Awesome.

11.5:1 comp and 140bhp. Man I'm running higher comp than that too.

Insane. I love it.

Managed to get any ideas on what he did to tune it to such high HP?

He's probably about on par with most reasonable tuned K engines. I'm guessing that's flywheel horsepower

I'm runnning just shy of 100hp at the wheels so I'm probably up around the 130 flywheel mark with high comp, big cam and twin 40mm dellortos.

Packaging I would say. Especially in a KE10, they're a pain for dellortos, mine only just fit with a 36mm filter panel.

If anyone tries telling you that you lose heaps of horsepower because of the piston side forces then slap them.

i always thought thats why subarus were so slow! haha

sweet looking car, ive only checked out the website (no videos allowed at work...) looking forward to seeing the video when i get home.

that front sway bar is an interesting peice of work......