Cruise Time...

TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad

another idea i had for a possible upcoming event, was to get a group of us to get together to man a road closure at a rally..

ie the iconic historic alpine rally isnt that far off. we coluld have a big cruise to the event. maybe show off our machines. camp out the night and see some aweome race cars (should be a few rollas) and cruise home again.

whats everyones thoughts on something like that?

Well, seems theres plenty of interest for a cruise!

Matt, if you could start up a cruise thread for the run to the seat that would be great. That will be the next run on the cards, beit this month or next. Its been a while since we had a cruise down the peninsula! Or a cruise at all for that matter!

As for the other ideas Cam sure has a few! Brilliant!

We have a few things on the cards for the rest of the year.

A kart night would be great, I have wanted to hit Fun City Karts for a while for one of there drift nights, used to be wednesday nights and a flat rate for as many laps as you can fit in 4 hours! Its indoors so all weather and they run a wet track to keep us entertained.

A drive in night will be happening once it warms up a bit. We did Coburg last time, maybe the one down dandy way next time?

Another thing that would be great to have happen for a day would be a trip to heathcote drags for some heads up grudge matches! I will have a rolla on the road by then so I'm keen as mustard! this would be a full day cruise to the track, lunch, racing etc so it will be a great day.

The other thing going to start happening is GOR5!

Will be posting a starter thead for this right away. Will be another epic event and will be held over the weekend after Australia day as there is no long weekend for it in 2011.

ok, lets get the next cruise happening!... and maybe a BBQ n drinks afterwards?

JP

Sweet, yeah its been ages for a crusie. I know i spoke to a few members about a rollaclub cruise but i didnt know what was happening with my car and I still don't now. :S I just picked up my head for the 4age so hopfully i can put the engine back together this weekend. :)

I should be ready to cruise on or after 25th July, Bring on Arthurs Seat! :)

Edited by Johno

So are we doing the same route as the toymods guys up to Healesville?

Hasn't been much interest in a healsville cruise as yet... Will get arthurs seat done and dusted then think about the next trip. Will get there!

Good to hear the cars almost sorted Johno, should be good :)

Ok Nobs no problemo. Seeing as you have fired up some interest i shall get the ball rolling this Sunday so keep an eye on the forums. I'm thinking first weekend in August for the Arthurs Seat run :P

Keep posting ideas and i'll put something together for Sunday!

Matt.