Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Progress...

Featured Replies

Hal's looking mighty good fook... be good when he's on road... speaking of good, Sakichi will be on the road next week :) :D :blinks:

  • Replies 105
  • Views 35.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Looks like more delays. Gearbox still appears to have a slow leak. At least it isn't pissing out like the last 2...

 

Can't seem to get the tailshaft in, something strange is going on there... Goes in halfway and then gets stuck...

 

Water pump is stuffed, have started pulling the engine apart again to get the water pump off (front engine covers, dipstick and water pipes have to come off before the pump will come out). Will try to buy another one tomorrow... *no more money*

 

Exhaust sounds good though :)

  • Author

Heh... Tested the thermofan last night, it whistles like a jet engine :)

 

04250001-vi.jpg

 

Hehee... even though the car doesn't look great (crap prep, dodgy paintwork), no idea if it would go great (dodgy rear suspension, leaky gearbox), it sure as hell sounds awesome :D

 

Tailshaft is in, took a bit of stuffing around, I think there might have been a bit of corrosion or something on the output shaft of the gearbox. Nothing brute force couldn't fix :blinks: Well... More like *pull it out, shove it in... hmm... pull it out, shove it in... a bit further this time... pull it out, shove it in* and repeat until it went in enough :yak:

 

Water pump is out of the car. Thermofan is wired up, just needs tidying (as does the rest of the wiring in the engine bay)

 

So what's left?

 

Make covers for holes in rear firewall. Properly bolt on front guards and hook up indicators. Check for loose bolts (I think the door hinges are loose). Bolt on front apron, splitter, grille, bumper. Put on water pump and pressure test cooling system. Double check for oil/water leaks. Make gearbox shifter boot plate. Engineer. Road worthy. Rego :) Yay I'm only about $1500 from finishing :)

  • Author

First drive of the AE35...

 

How to describe? Hmm, first I have to wipe this silly cheshire cat grin off my face and decide if I want to be speechless or giggle silly-ly...

 

Hmm...

 

HEHEHEHHEEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHHEEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEEHE..

.

 

*ahem*

 

"More fun than a barrel of monkeys"

 

"Needs to be treated with respect"

 

"Louder than a gaggle of geese in mating season"

 

"Burns rubber even when you don't want it to"

 

"More fun then you can poke a stick at"

 

Or, as Rob would say...

 

"Has more balls than a Keno barrel..."

 

SO MUCH FUN :)

 

Brakes don't work properly at the moment, I suspect I need to readjust the booster pushrod and also partially cause the pads and discs are new so aren't gripping awfully well (not to mention the car picks up an amazing amount of speed without even thinking about it...)

 

Have a lot of tiny little things to finish off, but should have it registered by end of the week. Don't think I'll take it to motorkhana though, a bit too risky...

that avtar pic of ures nick so describes ure last post lol

 

Ohhh i can't wait to see it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

u need to get a movie of it running !!!!

Lookin good there Fook... It has come a long way from when I seen it a few weeks ago. Also looks like you have lots of fun in the process.. :)

  • Author

I seriously need to wind those springs down a little, the car sits so high at the moment... Will need to measure everything and make sure:

 

1) the car passes height requirements

2) I don't scrape the bottom of the car when i exit the driveway

3) I can get the jack back out too!

 

As it stands I can't use my trolley jack if I lower the car anymore, the front is too low. Will have to use the scissor jacks on the side of the car I think...

 

... or maybe i could just get one of those fancy uber-low trolley jacks :)

foook.... u sure u didnt just buy that thing 30 yrs ago & put it in storage?

 

Wow - thats pretty neat !!!

  • Author

Air filter arrives Thursday, engineering/roadworthy Friday morning, rego Friday arvo, wheel alignment + possible look at what can be done with suspension Saturday morning...

 

Geez I'm running by the seat of my pants...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.