Ke20 Rotor Types?

hi

I'm using a ke20 brake setup on my kp36. its all in and an they work fine.

recently i prurchased some ke20 slotted rotors RDA141. they bolt to the hubs and all the measurements are the same except the new ones are slightly taller.

Rotors.jpg

the calipers have sumitomo cast into them. i'm wondering if i have Japanese calipers and oz spec rotors?

problem is now i can't fit the calipers back on as the rotor is too close to the mounting bracket

any help is appreciated. :yes:

Thanks

Simon

Edited by kpaddict

Members dont see this ad

Sumitomos are deffinately Japanese calipers, the aus spec ones are Girlocks.

They didn't start using Girlocks until KE55's though so that shouldn't be your issue. The only real difference between sumitomos and girlocks on the 55 anyway is the disc is like 1mm thicker on the ADM model.

Only suggestion I can really think of to use those rotors is maybe you can space the caliper back a bit by using some washers between the caliper and mounting bracket!? :yes:

Sumitomos are deffinately Japanese calipers, the aus spec ones are Girlocks.

They didn't start using Girlocks until KE55's though so that shouldn't be your issue. The only real difference between sumitomos and girlocks on the 55 anyway is the disc is like 1mm thicker on the ADM model.

Only suggestion I can really think of to use those rotors is maybe you can space the caliper back a bit by using some washers between the caliper and mounting bracket!? :yes:

ok cool, so it seems something is up with the rotors maybe they are off a later model or got mixed up when they were machining the slots....i'll ask the supplier and see what they say. i had a look to see if i can space the caliper but it wont work :)

nah Taz, AUS built ke20s by AMI had girlocks....

most likely you got AUS spec discs, you need Jap spec discs, try ask for ke25 discs as all KE25s were made in Japan so most defiantly will have a different part number.

but I think KE25 discs are NLA, well that was for PBR but try other brands....

Edited by Tally

Fairo. It was a bit of an assumption on my behalf that they wouldn't go sumis>girlocks>sumis>girlocks from model to model...... and that is why assumption is the mother of all f@$k ups! :yes: Can you tell I've never played with much KE2X stuff!? :yes:

nah Taz, AUS built ke20s by AMI had girlocks....

most likely you got AUS spec discs, you need Jap spec discs, try ask for ke25 discs as all KE25s were made in Japan so most defiantly will have a different part number.

but I think KE25 discs are NLA, well that was for PBR but try other brands....

sweet as!

thanks for that see how i go. hopefully rda still have an option or something is available from NZ :yes:

I have both ke1x and ke2x disc struts.

The ke1x has akebono calipers and the ke2x I'm unsure as there are no marking other than local manufactured seals (pads are listed for south east asia). I assumed both have the same discs as per manufacturers listings but just took a rough measurement and it does appear the ke2x disc is slightly taller (40mm) than the ke1x disc (36mm).

I have both ke1x and ke2x disc struts.

The ke1x has akebono calipers and the ke2x I'm unsure as there are no marking other than local manufactured seals (pads are listed for south east asia). I assumed both have the same discs as per manufacturers listings but just took a rough measurement and it does appear the ke2x disc is slightly taller (40mm) than the ke1x disc (36mm).

lol i give up the height of mine are 30mm, so it seems i can use ke30 and machine them down from 218mm to 200mm and they should fit. or use aus spec ke20 calipers. :jamie: arrrgh oh well. see what the parts man says!

I just got a set of rda slotted rotors for my jap 1973 ke20 the rotors have the same step etc as the rotor on the right in the first pic they fitted up perfect with new qfm pads and my calipers are akebono or whatever i just ordered ke20 stuff no jap or adm specific parts

I just got a set of rda slotted rotors for my jap 1973 ke20 the rotors have the same step etc as the rotor on the right in the first pic they fitted up perfect with new qfm pads and my calipers are akebono or whatever i just ordered ke20 stuff no jap or adm specific parts

my calipers are sumitomo different from akebono it looks like, but they are making some for me that will fit. :)

Ta

Simon

Just adding my 2c

KE1X in my parts book have listed 2 different types of front brake disk setup one is akebono other is sumitomo.

KE2X used similar brakes to KE1X dare say types listed above and a girlock setup also.

So that new rotor could suit a KE2X but with a different manufacture of front brake.

Cheers

Cameron