What To Put N My Ke70

pattie05

Members dont see this ad

Large list of possibilities. For example: 2TC, 3TC, 18RG, 22re (from corona, celica ones are more expensive for the w series), 5kc,

or even 2SC, ive been in a 2sc ke20 and that thing moved.

Even in my celica with rebuilt 2SC, Cam, removed air con and pollutions extractors and a decent exhaust go freaking well.

5K is simplest to do, and pretty decent if you're after a quick, cheap daily.

2T/3T is quite easy also with a T18/AE71 crossmember.

just depends how much you want to spend...

With the obvious intention to put money into the RX7, I'd recommend just grabbing another 4K for cheap and get stuck into the rotary. Then when you write off the body, slap the rotor in the K-Sev

Edited by white_sandshoe

how would an ae71 help mount a T engine?

and how would a t18 crossmember fit in seeing it has no steering rack?

The T engines and the A engines both fit onto the same crossmember... T18 crossmember for non-rack K-sev and AE86/TE71 crossmember for rack K-sev. Obviously engine mounts used will need to be suitable for the engine used...

just a quick chapter out of *E7* chassis mod basics 101...

The T engines and the A engines both fit onto the same crossmember... T18 crossmember for non-rack K-sev and AE86/TE71 crossmember for rack K-sev. Obviously engine mounts used will need to be suitable for the engine used...

i have a 20v ke70, ae71 xmember

so you're saying if i bought a 3T-GTEU motor i could bolt it straight in?

any pics or links to this being done?

this is interesting....

well unfortunately your not wrong on one but every single one of your points.

For a start to avoid confusion a TE72 is one of the models of T18, its like saying a ke70 is a Corolla

T engine and A engine mounts are very different, even if they wen't the engine position is about 60mm wrong in the forward/aft position. They are also closer together and on a different angle to top it all off. How do I know? well lets just say I have an elaborate jig on hand for a certain conversion. Ke70 crossmembers on the other hand.. well I need to check that one.

There is no "non-rack K-sev", it simply doesn't exist, all KE70s and AE71s have steering racks, all models of T18s including TE72 have steering boxes, so that doesn't work and that's assuming it would even bolt in.

so where are these mod basics from?

Edited by Sam_Q

i have a 20v ke70, ae71 xmember

so you're saying if i bought a 3T-GTEU motor i could bolt it straight in?

any pics or links to this being done?

this is interesting....

if you like I can check if a KE70 crossmember is compatiable with T engine mounts, I strongly suggest avoiding a 3T engine though

Edited by Sam_Q

well its never been common and so I guessing they are hard to find. I have never seen on in person ever, although that probably doesnt mean much. This means they are expensive in sourcing one and in parts assuming you get get them. Also unless you get a reco I see now way a turbo engine from that many years ago would be running without a major rebuild.

5K.

Can be had for cheap and they are literally a 'few' hour conversion. Out with the 4k, in the the 5k!

And as said previously, the extra CC's make a huge difference, especially for a bog stock daily. Just makes most things in life easier when you have more torque!