Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

Featured Replies

  • Replies 604
  • Views 509.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • HIGH ROLLER
    HIGH ROLLER

    Mr GJM, I gotta admit, when I first saw this thread a while back, I thought "oh yeah, ke20, k-motor...ghey"....being from the everything-must-be-turbo camp myself. I just read through this whole thr

  • no paint on the wheels man, just polish polish polish..... then stop for beer..... then polish polish

  • how much your clutch end up settin ya back, and i loooove the progress and colour on it and your attention to detail is brilliant   watchin high quality builds motivates me to get my celica done too

Posted Images

here is a little something something for you.........sounds cool, and don't be stupid and put ur fingers in front of the carbies and give it a big rev........ :glare:

post-1262-062824200 1298849090_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Oh so hot! Want to touch the highny!!!

  • Author

Oh so hot! Want to touch the highny!!!

 

well there goes the solex's.... >| thanks bro....

 

:( anyone got and easy 1900$?

  • Author

post-8643-050997200 1299476570_thumb.jpgpost-8643-039526500 1299476599_thumb.jpgpost-8643-002768300 1299476641_thumb.jpgpost-8643-065560400 1299476670_thumb.jpgpost-8643-081589600 1299476724_thumb.jpgpost-8643-095758200 1299476745_thumb.jpgpost-8643-048143000 1299476811_thumb.jpgpost-8643-016427300 1299476849_thumb.jpgpost-8643-047169500 1299476886_thumb.jpgpost-8643-079950200 1299476916_thumb.jpgpost-8643-076543900 1299476929_thumb.jpg

 

so close.....

whens roady and rego being applied?

Wtf happened to the carb? can't get a metal flange, bolt it to the carb, bolt it to the broken bit ant use something like Loctite Metal Mend?

 

Could get it welded but unsure about warpage and stuff.

  • Author

whens roady and rego being applied?

Hard to say yet. still need to straighten the diff cos its about 7mm out. get the door cards done, do the tyres, wheel alignment and exaust, get the dizzy regraphed and fix the carby's. No tellying how long that's going to take me.

 

Wtf happened to the carb? can't get a metal flange, bolt it to the carb, bolt it to the broken bit ant use something like Loctite Metal Mend?

Could get it welded but unsure about warpage and stuff.

 

Yeah my brother accidentally over tightened it. It could have already been cracked but we're not sure. We are looking at getting it welded. Apparently there is a dude near here who can weld casted alloy. If not we'll go with the flange and glue. The dude at Adaptatune who rejettted them may have a spare body but there's no telling.

 

All I know is it's a set back I can't afford to replace.... Type R Solex's don't exactly grow on trees

Edited by GJM85

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Figured its time to update.

Carby's are good. The dude who fixed them is a true artist and unwittingly turned out to be an aquaintance of my dad. It's a small world. The mains have been brought down from a 135 to 115 just to get it drivable. Dyno will sort the rest out.

Lots fiddling been going on over the last month or so. Not a great deal of progress. Having ignition issues which has taken some time to narrow down to the electronic distributor. I still have an issue with the indicator regulator and tail lights. Otherwise just killing time and saving a dollar. I have the Cheviot mesh on for a short while. Just because they've got good tread. The superlites will be back on once they get a re-dress and some decent rubber.

 

Otherwise here's a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

 

post-8643-023885900 1303730165_thumb.jpgpost-8643-069387600 1303730140_thumb.jpgpost-8643-009273000 1303730107_thumb.jpgpost-8643-084368900 1303730075_thumb.jpgpost-8643-065733700 1303730051_thumb.jpgpost-8643-017811700 1303730026_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

dude come help me with mine now haha

 

Do you have a build thread? I'll have to check it out. Hit me up sometime & we'll meet up.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

It's been a good 6 weeks since I've touched the ke20 and today I recieved a sudden burst of motivation after a big score at the wreckers today. I picked up and fitted new leads, door catches, boott and bonnet latches, a grill badge for the 25 grill, a full set of wheel nuts so i can get the superlites back on and a new ke36 passenger side engine mount. All for $50.

I gave the old girl a wash because it was filty, I've fitted a few things up. Still need to get two tyres on the superlites for the front. Also got a Stewart & Warner tacho instead of the big flash Speco one.

Today's real achievement was with the engine mount i found. It's offset a fair way in comparison to the standard. Fitting it was a complete bitch but the results were bitching. It moved the engine upwards about and inch so now the sump doesn't sit lower than the crossmember and towards the drivers side by about the same distance allowing me to fit all the ram tube and air socks on the side drafts. :dance:

The only issue was with the fan now being in contact with the fan shroud, so it came out. The carbies sit a lot closer to level also.

Tomorrow or Monday I want to fit the boot latch, centre console, get the door cards fitter and ready for trim, re-align the diff and try to set the caster on the front wheels. Maybe...

I'm still chasing a fuel reg, pitman arm, a dizzy regraph and exaust.

 

post-8643-0-52338100-1307788488_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-32450200-1307788548_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-66849300-1307788583_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-90724000-1307788644_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-56671300-1307788674_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-27271500-1307788744_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.