Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

Featured Replies

Dude this thing is looking sweet as!

  • Replies 604
  • Views 509.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • HIGH ROLLER
    HIGH ROLLER

    Mr GJM, I gotta admit, when I first saw this thread a while back, I thought "oh yeah, ke20, k-motor...ghey"....being from the everything-must-be-turbo camp myself. I just read through this whole thr

  • no paint on the wheels man, just polish polish polish..... then stop for beer..... then polish polish

  • how much your clutch end up settin ya back, and i loooove the progress and colour on it and your attention to detail is brilliant   watchin high quality builds motivates me to get my celica done too

Posted Images

KE1x and 2x Rear ends have the shocks located immediatly behind the diff housing, part of the housing or spring saddle.

 

I'm interested to know how long your leaf eye bushes last. Being on an angle the shouldnt really be.

  • Author

KE1x and 2x Rear ends have the shocks located immediatly behind the diff housing, part of the housing or spring saddle.

 

I'm interested to know how long your leaf eye bushes last. Being on an angle the shouldnt really be.

 

Yeah. It's kind of up in the air as to what i'm going to do at the moment.

Fulcrum don't believe there will be a shock absorber that will have the length, eye and stem I need. So there is one problem.

The leaf springs being on the piss is another. I bought budgey rubber bushes for the rear springs because I wasn't sure how things will work out.

At the moment it looks like I'll be cutting the spring mounts off the 20 diff and welding them onto the 55 diff. It would allow me to have the leaf springs positioned properly and use the 20 shock absorbers. This would be the easiest method if I had the equipment.

 

If anyone ever tells you a 55 diff is a straight bolt in job, punch them in the face repeatedly. :hammer:

Edited by GJM85

If anyone ever tells you a 55 diff is a straight bolt in job, punch them in the face repeatedly. :hammer:

 

Hahahaha :lolcry: do it and record it to :yes:

  • Author

Fly wheel all cleaned up. Not lightened. Keeping the low end torque. New spigot bush. Interesting way of removing it thanks to dad. Pump the hollow behind the bearing full of grease and use a punch the same diameter as the internal bearing diameter. Wack it good. Made the punch on the lathe and it doubled as a makeshift clutch locator.

New throw out bearing in the gearbox. Got it all together thanks to Nick bro. Removed and redrilled the gearbox crossmember to suit the ke70 5 speed. Dropped the donk and gearbox in, Fitted the started motor, hooked up the clutch.... needs a new clutch cable. There isn't a great deal of clearance between the harmonic balancer and the sway bar.

The back end is still in question. Looks like it'll be a total fabrication job. I've got the ke20 wheel bearings for the 70 hubs so I should have the front wheels and brakes sorted out shortly.

Here's some picatures.

post-8643-071787600 1290926396_thumb.jpgpost-8643-099747900 1290926467_thumb.jpgpost-8643-021371600 1290926490_thumb.jpgpost-8643-050483200 1290926507_thumb.jpgpost-8643-041468700 1290926529_thumb.jpgpost-8643-071609400 1290926555_thumb.jpgpost-8643-063550500 1290926581_thumb.jpgpost-8643-016506900 1290926606_thumb.jpgpost-8643-098468000 1290926719_thumb.jpgpost-8643-037946000 1290926745_thumb.jpgpost-8643-087684200 1290926765_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

noice! how much did the clutch set you back?

  • Author

noice! how much did the clutch set you back?

 

$260 for the Exedy HD. You could probably get cheaper HD's but I want know my 5000rpm launches are gonna stick. I know PBR do one for $180 and Extreme are cheaper also.

Edited by GJM85

$260 for the Exedy HD. You could probably get cheaper HD's but I want know my 5000rpm launches are gonna stick.....

 

Clutch will love it...... gearbox and diff won't though.

 

Good to see you got the FW machined too. Too many people overlook it. :jamie:

  • Author

Clutch will love it...... gearbox and diff won't though.

 

Good to see you got the FW machined too. Too many people overlook it. :jamie:

 

I feel the gear change is a critcal action in the driving experience.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got shitloads of pics to upload but can't find the SD card for my phone. Poo Donkeys....

 

But the story continues.

Sorted the diff out. Had to cut the ke20 diff mounts off and replace them 15mm inwards on the 55 diff, allowing me to fit the ke55 boge shockies and now the rear leaf springs are no longer on the piss. That was a mission.

 

Front brakes are finally sorted. Had to machine the 70 rotors 3mm and the hubs 1mm then aris the edge off the inside of the hub flange so it cleared the caliper. I've heard the 30 backing plated were the answer but they weren't readily available. Anyway we made it work. So it's now fluid in it and the brakes seem good all round.

 

Ke55 tail shaft was shortened 25mm and rewelded by dad. Looks the goods and fits even better.

 

The engine is nearly there. Lume is all hooked up, starter, alternator, coil, dizzy, alternator regulator... all except front lights, horns and a few other bits. The head is on, pushrods and rockers in. That Tighe 104 cam has massive lift. Manifold and extractors are on. Got the fan and belt sorted. NGK sparkies and A1 leads. The radiator and support I prepped today so are ready to fit. Getting the solex's rejetted will be the hold up now.

 

Finished the boot. Redone in black carpet and fitted by me. Boot seal, lock assembly all sweet. Started on the new door trims.

 

I'll get the pics up soon as I can, not that anyone really gives a damn..... :cmonkey:

Edited by GJM85

I'll get the pics up soon as I can, not that anyone really gives a damn..... :cmonkey:

 

I do! love this 20, go Gav go!

fack yeah smashing it gav keep into it i wanna see it on the road man, is there a set time to have it back on the street???

  • Author

Hopefully finish most of it off for next year and get it on the road. I want to be rollin by early February at the latest...

fack yeah it'll be a good day when this thing hits the street!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.