Setup Your Car For Drifting

SLW42

yeah in the car park they block off part of it and put 2 cones in the middle and yeah i think you get about 5 min runs, i think it's 10 bucks a head and i think 50 bucks to enter as a driver for one night or a year licence for like 80 - 100 bucks it's cheap fun for one night

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Caltracs are normally used for drag's, but when setup wrong they'll make a car really tail happy. Watts link or a panhard rod will defintley make the car more precise and get rid of that boat steer. Leafs won't ever cut the mustard as well as a good 4 link setup though, but with some work they handle alright. A mate who's into the older holdens on the track was telling me about polymer single piece leaf springs which are meant to be the ducks nuts of leaf springs, $1000 a pair from the states though...

Half Traction leaves are one of the best things ive had in my wagon. Along with an extra leaf, i havent had one tramping issue since. And I'm still to replace the factory shocks!

With mine, if i added a locker, new shocks and lower profile tyres it would be rather happy keeping the tail out.

The stiffer you can make the front half of the leaf pack the better.

Caltracs are normally used for drag's, but when setup wrong they'll make a car really tail happy. Watts link or a panhard rod will defintley make the car more precise and get rid of that boat steer. Leafs won't ever cut the mustard as well as a good 4 link setup though, but with some work they handle alright. A mate who's into the older holdens on the track was telling me about polymer single piece leaf springs which are meant to be the ducks nuts of leaf springs, $1000 a pair from the states though...

Dispute that statement about handling with Redwarf ;)

So this half leaf for the front is just another leaf and cut it in half with a grinder so to speak?

Its a leaf that extends right from the front eye to just behind the diff mount.

The the half leaf is clamped right down tight onto the leaf pack.

There's a pic i posted up somewhere in a leaf spring thread of a half leafed spring.

Yeah but do ya buy them? Or just cut them from a full leaf to that size? I've seen them. And read of them being cut to that size, but never seen or heard about being able to buy them?

And the Ef has has way to much bodyroll for me. My old el had stock swaybars and no bodyroll.