Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Remote Contol Cars

Featured Replies

Reanimating an old thread here, but what the heck.... I figure there's gotta be more people than just me playing with these things!

 

I have the smaller end of the RC scale, 1/18th. Electric too, spend enough fiddling around with them as it is so nitro wasn't my thing. Looking to keep it cheap, I picked myself up one from eBay, had a ball & crashed it many times.

 

post-5437-0-96825600-1335687373_thumb.jpg

 

Hassled the heck out of the seller for spare parts,eventually got an email asking if I wanted a road car, a short-course truck & a buggy he'd used for parts. I gave them an offer, they accepted it & the postman brought me some goodies.

 

The lot.

 

post-5437-0-95994900-1335687481_thumb.jpg

 

Road car spares.

 

post-5437-0-38676500-1335687583_thumb.jpg

 

Short course truck spares.

 

post-5437-0-38528600-1335687599_thumb.jpg

 

Buggy, shares pretty much every vital component (excluding things like body mounts) with the truck. Also good fun for chasing my dog around the yard & vice versa, he's not afraid to chew it! :laff:

 

post-5437-0-01952000-1335687627_thumb.jpg

 

Evil plans came to mind, stripped the truck down to bare chassis.

 

post-5437-0-10691500-1335687690_thumb.jpg

 

Built a block of high-density foam.

 

post-5437-0-05213800-1335687718_thumb.jpg

 

Bought some cheap polyester resin.

 

post-5437-0-87163100-1335687740_thumb.jpg

 

Did some more eBay shopping for bits for the road car, brushless motor kit.

 

post-5437-0-52380200-1335687956.jpg

 

LiPo battery & tester, 2 of.

 

post-5437-0-98099100-1335687965.jpg

 

LiPo charger.

 

post-5437-0-28114900-1335687973_thumb.jpg

 

See where this is going? ;) The plan is to twin-motor power the truck using the motor/battery from the road car, install the brushless/LiPo gear into the road car & build my own fibreglass shell for it. 3 guesses as to what car I'll be copying... since I can't find/buy one, I'll bloody make one! :P

  • Replies 32
  • Views 42.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking good mate :) my next door neighbour and i both have a few nitro road cars. he has just gone abit stupid lately though.......got himself a TRAXXAS REVO 3.3.....absolutely insane piece of gear. wheelstands that muck comes factory with wheelie bars :)

Wheelie bars as standard? Fugging cool! :y: What do you have?

 

I'd love to play with those kind of toys, I just don't have/can't justify the dollars. I do enjoy watching the nitro trucks at my local track, (there's both a dirt & a tarmac course) it was the simplicity (or so I thought :lol:) of electric that got me. One day... :wink:

Ive Got a 1/8th nitro buggy, an XTM XT2, just an entry level buggy, still goes alright though

xt2.jpg

 

Had heaps of fun with it, it doesnt get used much these day though, maybe once every few months.

Its on its second engine too, after this is how the first ended up :rolls:

Block.jpg

Piston.jpg

probably not you guys' style but ill throw it up

 

made my self a custom crawler, its axial scx10 based, but just about everything is custom now

 

71ddae51.jpg

 

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/pozman/?action=view&current=62515e5a.mp4

 

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww235/pozman/?action=view&current=46164ce2.mp4

 

also have an old nitro street car but snapped the conrod, and my brothers old vintage tamiya bigwig that I'm doing up again, hard to find parts for the old girls tho

 

paul

probably not you guys' style but ill throw it up

 

made my self a custom crawler, its axial scx10 based, but just about everything is custom now

 

also have an old nitro street car but snapped the conrod, and my brothers old vintage tamiya bigwig that I'm doing up again, hard to find parts for the old girls tho

 

paul

 

Rock crawlers, boats, planes, helicopters, whatever! :) If it's remote controlled & you play with it, put it up. :y:

 

Anything you don't customise Paul? :laff:

 

I want to get an HPI firestorm just for doing jumps and so on and tearing up the dirt. But I should just get my nitro sport going.

 

Going to see if you can land it on your neighbours roof this time? :wink:

 

Maybe not, jammed throttles aren't cool. :(

Cool. I love rc cars. I have 3 at the moment. All Tamiya ofcourse, It's the rc equivalent to Toyota :) and all of them brushless electric ofcourse :)

 

I have a tt01 r33 skyline which is silly fast.

 

A ta02 ford f150 truck which is a bit of a crawler/ trail basher.

 

And a lunchbox which is just hilarious. Does massive wheelies and barrel rolls.

 

Will have to get some pics up.

Cool. I love rc cars. I have 3 at the moment. All Tamiya ofcourse, It's the rc equivalent to Toyota :) and all of them brushless electric ofcourse :)

 

Will have to get some pics up.

 

One day I'll get a Tamiya, spent a lot of time recently looking through their range & well, ......... :wub:

 

Yes please. :yes:

 

I finished rebuilding the off-road truck out of all my spares & since I had a spare motor laying around....

 

post-5437-0-25752900-1336738329_thumb.jpg

 

post-5437-0-15136600-1336738388_thumb.jpg

 

post-5437-0-15126300-1336738403_thumb.jpg

Rock crawlers, boats, planes, helicopters, whatever! :) If it's remote controlled & you play with it, put it up. :y:

 

Anything you don't customise Paul? :laff:

 

 

na not really, can't help myself, just got to feck with shit

na not really, can't help myself, just got to feck with shit

 

That's the spirit! :y:

 

More than likely yes!

 

Politely requesting that you film this. :laff:

I've got a tamiya ta05 VDF 1.8 counter steer setup

 

DSC_3603.jpg

burstrc1.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.