Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nancy The Ke70

Featured Replies

looks really good aye loving the longchamps

 

 

I agree those wheels will look bloody tough :y: :y: from me!!

  • Replies 238
  • Views 206.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Good to see your getting things happening, I'm also a +1 for the Longchamps.

Looking forward to cruising in the future.

This is gonna be something to watch over the next few months. Liking the progress mate. Keep it up.

 

Josh :cool:

loving the wheels man

  • Author

Thanks guys!

Obviously the longchamps won't stick that far out, but should make the edge of the guards. I'm looking forward to putting them on.

I'm going to start all the JDM mods after it's road worthy.

Just need to touch up the paint, buff, wax, armourALL of it, and vacuum it out.

Should be road worthy in a week.

 

Anyone know a good way of getting the side rubber off without wrecking the paint under?

Thanks guys!

Obviously the longchamps won't stick that far out, but should make the edge of the guards. I'm looking forward to putting them on.

I'm going to start all the JDM mods after it's road worthy.

Just need to touch up the paint, buff, wax, armourALL of it, and vacuum it out.

Should be road worthy in a week.

 

Anyone know a good way of getting the side rubber off without wrecking the paint under?

 

Paitence and a heat gun will remove those rub strips easily. Then use eucalyptus oil to remove any glue from the paintwork :y:

  • Author

Paitence and a heat gun will remove those rub strips easily. Then use eucalyptus oil to remove any glue from the paintwork :y:

 

fast reply!

so sit there with a heat gun over it and peel it off slowly like a bandaid?

Cheers.

  • Author

UPDATE:

My mate Steve and I went to a Wreckers on Cooper St, there was a perfect CS almost exactly the same as mine with a perfect dash. The door had a different trim and a pinstripe on it. Thanks to Ben for finding it! :laff:

 

Centre console is in terrible condition, it's all faded and blotchy I tried painting the spare one but all the paint blobed together even after I used prep sol on it twice, spray on silicon on the blue. The black one looks a lot worse in person.

IMG_0677.jpg

 

I didn't realise how far you had to go into the dash to unscrew the pad at the back. We ended up unscrewing about 50 nuts bolts and screws to get to the 4 nuts holding in the pad itself... We had to do it twice, haha.

IMG_0672.jpg

 

Well worth the effort though.

IMG_0670.jpg

 

Steve cleaning an air vent.

IMG_0676.jpg

 

New door bolted on, Perfect fit.

IMG_0675.jpg

 

iPhone died (surprise) before I got photos of the rest.

More photos tomorrow.

The pinstripes came off with some work from a sharp edge

 

I tried the heat gun on a rubber strip, and I found out the bad way that someone has done a pretty dodgey spray job on most of the panels, the car is going to need a full respray in the future, taking the strips off ripped some paint up with it. I'm not too fussed at the moment, as I'm just gonna use it as a daily and it has a lot of dents that aren't so noticeable.

I got some touch up paint to go over all the rust patches, which I'll be doing tomorrow.

 

Put the new tacho dash in I bought, works perfectly and looks brand new. I'm surprised how easy it went in. I thought I would need to rewire something...

 

More to come tomorrow!

Edited by bAKER

fast reply!

so sit there with a heat gun over it and peel it off slowly like a bandaid?

Cheers.

 

 

Yep heat it up and slowly peel it like a bandaid :wink:

 

Oh don't forget to remove the chrome strip on top of the passenger door as the others don't have it, SE models never had that brightwork.

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

I wouldn't say a band aid.....I'd say the way you treat a new virgin.

 

Slowly and carefully

  • Author

Yep heat it up and slowly peel it like a bandaid :wink:

 

Oh don't forget to remove the chrome strip on top of the passenger door as the others don't have it, SE models never had that brightwork.

yea I noticed that haha.

 

I wouldn't say a band aid.....I'd say the way you treat a new virgin.

 

Slowly and carefully

I decided I'm goign to have to put the strips back on the paint is just too damaged, it has huge holes appearing, and yes i was being careful. :bash:

  • Author

Update:

Door ready for new strip.

IMG_0687.jpg

 

Fixed all the rust, luckily most of it was only small holes...

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

 

...Except for the rust gathering around the plug holes.

IMG_0683.jpg

 

Paint was cracking on the front fender and near the filler cap, so i sanded that back for a touch up job.

AS you can tell in the photos, was too cold and rainy for painting.

IMG_0690.jpg

 

When the paint goes on it will be ready for roadworthy!

  • Author

Update:

Before the spray job, this was a really quick fix to get it looking roadworthy, a proper paint job will be done later down the track, when all the mechanicals are done to my standards.

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

 

 

 

After, with everything re-fitted.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

 

Tail lights put in, looks so much better than the stock ones!

IMG_0701.jpg

 

Going to get buffed tomorrow, and get it booked in for the roady!!

Looking grouse mate, always getting fresher! :y: :yes:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.