Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nancy The Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Author

Update:

Booked in for roady for wednesday... finally. :dance:

  • Replies 238
  • Views 206.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Looking good man, hopefully mine comes out the same way...i doubt it.

  • Author

Thanks guys!

 

Desperately need the bottom of the vinyl back seat...

IMG_0712.jpg

 

Ready for the roadworthy today at 2pm!

IMG_0718.jpg

 

Things I think they'll pick on me for:

Exhaust manifold leak (It goes away when the engine is warm so hoping they won't notice...)

Tail light. crying.gif

Windscreen wipers.

Small rust patch I forgot to fix in the back drivers side quarter.

Edited by bAKER

Shame to hear about the tail lamp :( Are you going to reinstall the damage free adm lamps to pass the R.W. As I believe the cracked will fail.

 

Awesome job on the polishing, looks very fresh. Whats on the cards this weekend? I was thinking of taking my ke70 for a run out your way on a saturday.

Car is coming along very well! Good luck with the inspection. IF you should fail because of the lamp, or if you want a replacement (which you probably want) I can ship you one out.. :)

Edited by eiriksmil

  • Author

Update:

Got back from the Roady yesterday...

Picked up on things I didn't think he would.

 

Need to fix:

TAILLIGHT... I ordered some standard lights from the local Autopro :sob:

Windscreen, apparently it's pitted, but I reckon it's fine...

Drivers door hinge bushes.

Wheel bearing need to be adjusted, rofl.

Drivers seat need to be replaced! It wasn't bolted down properly.

Drivers seat belt.

 

Missed:

Manifold leak

Rust in rear quarter

Front Indicators weren't plugged in, I realised on the drive back home...

No Jack or spare tyre in the car.

 

 

Shame to hear about the tail lamp :( Are you going to reinstall the damage free adm lamps to pass the R.W. As I believe the cracked will fail.

 

Awesome job on the polishing, looks very fresh. Whats on the cards this weekend? I was thinking of taking my ke70 for a run out your way on a saturday.

 

 

Picking up some ma61 seats for it on friday night, I have to work sat and sunday nights too, but I'm not doing anything else as far as I know. So yea come round :D

 

 

Car is coming along very well! Good luck with the inspection. IF you should fail because of the lamp, or if you want a replacement (which you probably want) I can ship you one out.. :)

Thanks mate, I should be ok for it. If you have a seat belt lying around I'll grab that, haha.

Haha, seatbelts are probably cheaper to get locally :P But as an heads up it was only Australia who carried on with the old style rear lamps after the facelift :) Other parts of the world (even NZ I think?) got the new lamps, so there are plenty up here for ya I can source if you want to replace the cracked one :)

  • Author

Haha, seatbelts are probably cheaper to get locally :P But as an heads up it was only Australia who carried on with the old style rear lamps after the facelift :) Other parts of the world (even NZ I think?) got the new lamps, so there are plenty up here for ya I can source if you want to replace the cracked one :)

I just need some new old seatbelts, I singed them with a lighter to get rid of the frayed threads and they noticed only the drivers belt, should be easy enough to find another belt.

Pretty annoying how Aus always ends up keeping the bad stuff haha, same situation with my 1800 Ute

I'm getting another shipped from singapore for just the postage, apparently they have a warrantee or something, so I'll be right :wink: Thanks though.

that wasnt a bad list man, better get your move on only 2 weeks to go :D

With the windscreen, inquire if it can have the pitting/chips "polished out" the bloke who did the rw on my ae71 tried to rip me as my as new windscreen had slight scratches in it. Luckily I requested to have the issues polished out and it was in an afternoon :)

 

So what about saturday during the day, i.e late morning or early afternoon? As thats when i'd most likely be in the area.... :hmm:

 

PM me you're mobile if you can :)

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

hey mate lookin good ay, try a gtr skylin bukets man you can even use the rails...

  • Author

that wasnt a bad list man, better get your move on only 2 weeks to go :D

I'll get it done :yes:

Seat belts are the only thing that's really sort of worrying me, I'll have a look around.

 

With the windscreen, inquire if it can have the pitting/chips "polished out" the bloke who did the rw on my ae71 tried to rip me as my as new windscreen had slight scratches in it. Luckily I requested to have the issues polished out and it was in an afternoon :)

I'll ask the guy when he comes round to do it.

 

hey mate lookin good ay, try a gtr skylin bukets man you can even use the rails...

 

I was told that ma61 seats bolt straight in, and I know a bloke who has some he's willing to sell me. Is this true?

Otherwise I might look into that, which skyline?

Edited by bAKER

  • Author

Looks immaculate in the rain haha, this is at the Ford place ready for the first roady inspection.

IMG_0720.jpg

 

Update:

Did a few things today... Good day for it.

New bad/old tail lights in. (I'm going to be selling these when I get my 'new' good tail light.

IMG_0721.jpg

 

Had a look at the wheel bearings, they seemed to be fine to my Dad and I, but the road worthy says tighten them, so they're too tight now, I'll put them back after it's done.

IMG_0722.jpg

 

Took the door hinges off to replace the bushes, just got some hinges from a spare passenger door, had to saw off a bit to make it fit.

IMG_0723.jpg

 

Slightly harder to fit being the wrong side, didn't manage to fit them properly yet.

IMG_0727.jpg

 

Next to the other rollas and some shit blue thing. :y: The ke30 still runs, just doesn't have brakes at the moment, brothers car!

IMG_0729.jpg

 

Got some seatbelts out of a random car we have lying around, its stalk isn't long enough for the catch, so I'm going to take one out of an old Mazda 323 I hit a tree with.

Also got the new windscreen put in. I rang the bloke at 8 this morning, he managed to source a brand new one, bring it to my car, and fit it by 3:30pm after lunch... for $175, not bad I reckon.

 

Getting the Stalk tomorrow, and fitting the door properly, then she's ready to go back tomorrow arvo or Wednesday.

Next to the other rollas and some shit blue thing.

IMG_0729.jpg

:lolcry: That "S**t" Blue thing happens to be a VL Commodore (stating the obvious). :lolcry:

 

Your K-Sev's looking Good Mate. Shame about that Tailight Incident. Keep up the Good Work.

 

Josh :cool:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.