September 14, 200521 yr comment_70533 Here's my 2 cents....ANYTHING with Microsoft on the box needs to be burnt and sent to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIE BILL DIE!!! Report
September 14, 200521 yr comment_70546 What we need is for web developers to STOP supporting the "IE standard" I've been using Opera for years. Even my homepage is developped to support Opera... :y: Never got any troubles with micro$oft, but thats just matter of principle for me. You don't have to go with the flow, you know :P Report
September 14, 200521 yr Author comment_70559 For me it wasn't a matter of not liking Microsoft as a company (although I don't), or principle, and until Mozilla came around I used to use IE, because it worked and did everything I wanted. More or less anyway. And then Mozilla came around and conquered all. Report
September 14, 200521 yr comment_70568 wtf is with the bill gates photo at the top of this page? what is that like, sleazy 80s monochrome software porn or something? i feel violated :y: Report
September 21, 200521 yr Author comment_72164 IE Sucks. No argument. Everything I've been working on for the past week and a bit has just been thrown out, because IE can't display things the way it's supposed to. I hate IE. Report
September 22, 200521 yr comment_72332 like a daughter! heh if she is/going to be good looking.. imagine the guys lining up... Edited September 22, 200521 yr by NiteP]-[yRe Report
September 23, 200521 yr comment_72661 Using MS products is rather like masturbation - no one is ready to give it up, but let's just not talk about it in polite company. Quote of the year. From http://mkruger.cfwebtools.com/index.cfm/20...off.topic.posts Report
September 23, 200521 yr comment_72662 Mozilla Firefox "superior" ? http://www.frsirt.com/exploits/20050922.PwnZilla.php Report
September 24, 200521 yr Author comment_72792 Oh, like there aren't any of those for IE. Seriously though, yes I like Firefox, but it isn't the be-all-end-all of browsers, there are others that are pretty good too. IE just happens to be one of the crappier ones out there. I spent a fair bit of Friday fixing a problem that only occurred in IE, due to a combination of some strange Javascript timing issues in IE, and the very stupid "useability feature" that IE has where pressing the Enter key in a form submits it... BEFORE processing any other form events. Very very bloody annoying. Had to write a key handler to catch Enter key events and return false, and put in an onKeyDown event on the fields to flag them as changed, and make IE pause for half a second before submitting the form to make sure that everything else finished happening. Went from like 15 lines of code to more like 50 (after optimisation), all because IE has to be bloody difficult. Stupid browser. Yay, after showing my workmates what Firefox can do, I now have at least 6 more converts, and all of them have seen the light and now hate IE too :D Edited September 24, 200521 yr by demuire Report
September 25, 200521 yr comment_72875 it doesn't take long for t3h |337 ha><0rz to pounce on the popular thing.... has everybody noticed the popups/unders/fake dialog errors etc now coming up when using firefox? i use it, i love it but now it's more popular, it will be exploited, then something better will come out, us pc savvy people will switch to it and thus continues the cycle :D Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now