I Hate Internet Explorer

demuire

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need two or more companies too compete with each other, why bring a third, fourth or fifth into it to confuse everyone? My point was about different people doing things different ways In I.T. I never said there were only 2 companies competing against each other and don't see what relevence there was in that statement? At the end of the day Microsoft has made their product and have no real big competition. All these other browser companies are small fries to Microsoft, so of course they aren't going to give two shits. Its the same with Windows vs Linux etc. Money is the end decider in their influence. I have nothing against anyone who uses another browser, but saying I.E. users are the cause of all the problems because they run I.E. is just plain ridiculous.

*sigh*

Yes Microsoft have made their product, the standards were there before Microsoft was. They just decided that yes, they are the big guns, so they couldn't give a damn about the existing standards. That's exactly the problem. It's not that they *can't* follow the standards, it's because they *refuse* to follow them. They're just being a PITA. Because they can.

No, IE users aren't the cause of the problems, but they help sustain the problem. The reason why Microsoft couldn't give a damn about following standards is because they know they have enough people using the browser that web developers don't HAVE a choice but to follow their idiotic "standards". And by using IE you're helping that happen.

I agree with Jamie. People who aren't ignorant about it, but still choose to use IE, should be dragged out and shot.

Also let me reiterate that the standards weren't created by other web browser companies, they were created by a totally independant group. And the standards are there to make sure that everyone speaks the same language. Microshit is just being difficult bastards by refusing to speak this language.

I never said the standards were created by the web browsing companies, I agree totally with you that microsoft are being difficult about the whole situation. But I refuse to let you blame I.E. users for what microsoft chooses to do. The problem is red tape and politics on microsofts behalf. They have the cash, they have the monopoly, thats politics for you. You run Microsoft Windows? use any microsoft products or services? everyone else does, why do you think they got so rich and chose what they want to do? Face facts, at the end of the day, the end user wants a piece of software that they can use easily, microsoft has done well to simplify their software and interface over the years. I must say windows XP has come a long way scince their earlier versions of windows, would you expect everyone to just up and dump XP and jump over to a linux based O.S? (Boycott microsoft to the ground?) The sad fact is, until someone makes something better than microsoft and can compete on the same level, microsoft is here to stay. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of bill gates, but I have no reason whatsoever to change over to any other web browser. If it was big enough a deal for the average joe i'm sure they would "chose" another browser as it is their "choice".. Nobody forces them at gunpoint, they have fee will to use whats available. On an ending note, I HOPE they get their act together and comply with the CSS standards when they release IE7 with vista, I know how frustrating it is, I.T. is a f@$king disgrace of an industry.

HTML and CSS aren't actually standards...they are 'recommendations'... but that's besides the point. IE7 (now in private beta) is supposed to fix a lot of the standards compliancy issues, but, it still won't be as good as Fx, and, the new rendering engine will not work in quirksmode, i.e., if you have dodgy markup.

Thirdly you NEED internet explorer to access the windows update site, so its not a wise move to remove it from your machine.

not anymore, there's a plugin & website for firefox that allows you to update your machine with windows update.. it's nice, stable and works a treat :cool:

at the end of the day, at a guess 75% of average computer users who see it as a tool don't give a damn about anything if it does the same job, but isn't named Microsoft <insert name here>, aside from games etc..

i use firefox, and have since close to when it came out, and have used mozilla, opera and even netscape because i like to try the alternatives.. and unfortunately now the script kiddies have worked out how to write pop(up/under)s, resizing windows etc for firefox.

Why? Because it's gaining market share and popularity, therefore it's a bigger userbase to inconvenice.

Also, there IS something out there that IS as good, if not better than Windows, but thanks to being stymied by hardware (although that COULD change soon with the move to intel) us x86 people can't yet use it. You all know what i'm talking about....

anyway i've run out of cromulent argument and words that embiggen my sense of knowledge.. i think you get what i mean.. :lol:

Most of my fuss has got to do with CSS and Javascript, and the way IE handles it. I'm experimenting with AJAX at the moment, and while everything works fantastically in Firefox and EOB (every other browser), it either doesn't work in IE, or it works *sometimes*. Have since discovered that the *sometimes* is due to the bizzare illogical caching issue with IE...