5k Engine Transplant

Xany

Members dont see this ad

i was talking to my brother tonight....all is going well......i can't get the pistons i wanted so the ones i have will have to do. the engine rebuilder is still working on the block and crank.....the cam has been done and is back at the workshop. everythying has yet to be balanced. the head was done by Head Torque at mansfield if anyone is interested. i should have everything back by this friday.....then the real action starts to take place..... :| anywho.....back to getting inebreated (spelling) :)

ok now......

this week brings some more info on the engine......since teddy wants to hear more...:|

on thursday this week the engine fella came and gave me the block and the cam back all nicely done.... the crank, conrods and the flywheel (which has yet to be lightened). Thats about it for now.....heres some pictures.....gunna paint it once i have it back together....

Engine_800.jpg

engine_8002.jpg

also found out that the weber carby i have is what they used to use on the 4.2 litre landcruisers......:)

oh that statement about 120hp at the flywheel is about right.....i put a couple of specs through the dyno 2000 program and came out with 122@6500rpm. thats providing that all goes well.....i may even have more....:|

sorry people........ben pointed something out to me tonight on the dyno program.....i had the valves set at a standard head size valves.......now i have recalulated and i am pleased to say that i am hopefully going to have a car with get this........

150hp @ 6500rpm. :| :)

And

121pounds per foot of torque @ 6500rpm

so now Mr excel.......EAT MY DUST!!!!!!!.......or tyre smoke...... :laff: :laff: