5k Engine Transplant

Xany

Members dont see this ad

bloody off topic posts....... :laff: :) :| :laff: :D

just a question about my engine.....since i'm going to be putting the weber on it....i'm still thinking of how to make an adapter plate for it???? any ideas

• 2 weeks later...

well, you use this tool called a "ruler" to measure the base plate of the stock carb, and the base pattern of the weber, and you get a block of alloy about an inch thick and drill and tap 6 holes so all the studs can go in. most factory plates have the middle 2 holes with countersunk recesses for bolt heads, take those 2 studs out of the manifold alltogether. you'll need longer studs for the other stuff too

or you could just find a redline dealer and fork over like 70 bucks for an adapter plate. rumor has it you can use a mitsubishi colt throttle wheel with no mods

i think i found the answer for $27......an adapter plate to fit the weber....:).......my flywheel is getting machined finally this week :o ......and i should have everything back on friday so i can start putting it back together......FINALLY

today i had to go down to mansfield to pick up my engine bits and peices......i hadnt seen my inlet manifold since i gave it to him as a dirty peice of metal here is the result......

inlet_manifold.jpg

then i had my flywheel machined......mmmmmm......clean metal.....

Flywheel.jpg

hoping to start putting it back together this weekend....sometime..... :)

• 2 weeks later...

okies......last sunday me and my brother didnt get a chance to start putting the engine together, so hopefully it will be this weekend that i start to build "THE MIGHTY 5K" as teddy and i call it......my harmonic balancer has been sent down to Wagga Wagga...of all places to get reconditioned......Repco couldnt find anywhere in brisbane that do them.....so hopefully this weekend.....if anyone wants to come over...(i don't know what day it is yet cuase my brother may be working on saturday). i give more info when it comes to hand.......

although it prolly wont be at the same time as nicks rebuild on his weber...don't want to clash with that

why is it interesting?

well it looks like the flywheel was mounted fixed and they used a moving arm + machine bit (gah...wish i knew the terminology). Most of the flywheels ive seen the flywheel has been moving and the machining bit fixed.