Motors

ae71piggie

Members dont see this ad

hey guys atm my ae71 has a 4ac in it....ive been able to get my hands on a 4k yes i know downgrade but it comes with manual conversion...question is how hard is it to change motors...do i need to change anything

help would be great :D cheers

x members, exhaust (front section), radiator, some wiring, fuel lines will be fine.

Biggest problem you have is the K gearbox is a cable clutch which means a change of pedal box or get a box that has a hydraulic clutch.

you, you really do make me do this...

post-1373-087873000 1285143166_thumb.jpg

I also facepalmed.

true- that would put me off the idea. You're much better off to find a manual box for the 4AC.

..and if you're determined on a K motor, get a 5K!

Actually, I reckon that converting the auto to a K engine manual will be easier than converting to a 4AC manual, all he needs is a Ke70 K engine pedal box and a holesaw should do it.

Mounting the Hydro setup would be a little trickier, although not that much.

I also facepalmed.

Actually, I reckon that converting the auto to a K engine manual will be easier than converting to a 4AC manual, all he needs is a Ke70 K engine pedal box and a holesaw should do it.

Main drama is going to be the cable location cup on the firewall that the rubber bung for the adjuster slips into.

I also facepalmed.

more so cheaper than easier with the demand for ae71 manual bits.

a 3tc conversion might even pretty easy/cheap too. ae71 manual pedal box $100-$200. ta22 engine mounts $??. ae71 gearbox x member $50-$100. 3tc motor $50-$150. ke70 tailshaft $free-$50. t18 t50 $150-$200.

actually that doesnt end up being cheap at all haha. either way its not going to be cheap doing 4ac manual conversion.

but i personally wouldnt bother converting it to 4k, its a f@$k around and a massive backwards step. i guarantee you'll get bored of the 4k ~powah in a week and want to convert it to something decent anyway.

thanks guys just not sure what to do...can't afford to put anything decent in it atm and need it back asap...can get running manual 4k ke70 for 300 but the car itself it rusty and poo lol only decent thing is the motor and it runs and drives..then again i could use another 4ac rwd motor but yeh can't find one...