Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Driver Wanted - $300 For A Few Days Work.

Featured Replies

Hi there,

 

I was wondering if anyone in Brisbane had a few days spare... I'm trying to get a car re-located from Brisbane to Darwin, and getting quoted stupid figures from freight companies.

If anyone would like to enjoy a short road trip from Brisbane to Darwin to drop off said car, I'm offering fuel and food paid for, paid flight back to Brisbane and if you want, a few nights shared accommodation, plus $300 cash for your efforts.

 

If anyone is keen, and available, email me on [email protected] or SMS to 0414 523 528.

 

I'm hoping to get it here by (or over) next weekend if possible, but will need to know as early as possible to arrange return flights.

 

 

Thanks. from G-Nut

 

 

EDIT: Looking at the route and times, it seems it might take 3 days including return flight, so price has gone up to $300 for anyone willing to give it a go.

Edited by white_sandshoe

  • Replies 33
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn man I would love to do this but my boss won't give me a couple of days off work :bash: . If only my boss would let me. Let me speak to him again on Monday I will see what I can do?

What suburb do you live in Darwin? Do you have a pic of said car? Would it make the trip to Darwin without any problems?

Just two years ago I did the opposite trip from Darwin to Brisbane.

The reason it costs so much to get freight to Darwin is because it is classed as a remote area.

i would if the flight to brissy was paid for, but thats askin a bit much ay

  • Author

Depends on what we can get flights for I guess... lol. Melbourne to Brisbane, then Darwin to Melbourne??? might be a bit...

If needed I can do it, (if MungiMods can't). I could leave Brisbane Wednesday morning....

  • Author

I think Mungi Mods is the MAN! What a legend. Oh, Phil-keto, tickets back from Darwin can be had for a little under $200... If you wanna tag along it's no issue to me, but I can only make payment to one driver... :P

Mungi, when do you want the ticket booked to get you home? I'll chat tomorrow and finalise everything if we can...

the epic roadtrip has begun

 

3477km from brisbane todarwin

now only 2945km to go (we are in Roma)

 

so far.

 

speedo does not work (using TomTom GPS for speedo

fuel gauge kind of works i think will find out in the morning when i top off the tank

 

thing to fix tomorrow morning

 

headlights point everywhere

spare is shreaded

no jack

no wheel brace

indicator flasher unit inoperative..

Edited by mungi mods

haha! My daughter was keen for this job.... good thing she didn't take it! :laff:

  • Author

Ouch!

 

Mungi... you have a PM with an address... my phone destroyed it'self...

day two

 

drivers seat has usual ke70 issue(bottom has fallen out of it

steering has 30degrees of play...

 

 

on a positive note it defineately gets up and goes

 

been passing road trains all day and 3 trailer road train doing 90, overtake and by the time your at the cab your doing 150ish in 4th gear

 

with a little care and attention would make a cool sleeper !!!!

 

i am exactly half way now , in Cloncurry

off to mount isa now , and then Mount Isa in the morning ..hahaha

 

 

Northern territory has lowered the open road speed limit to only 130km/h

soooooo gay

 

update tomorrow

  • Author

MUNGI MODS IS MY PERSONAL HERO!!!

 

Any figure on fuel consumption? I'm looking forward to what sounds like a harsh appraisal to come...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.