Driver Wanted - $300 For A Few Days Work.

white_sandshoe

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone in Brisbane had a few days spare... I'm trying to get a car re-located from Brisbane to Darwin, and getting quoted stupid figures from freight companies.

If anyone would like to enjoy a short road trip from Brisbane to Darwin to drop off said car, I'm offering fuel and food paid for, paid flight back to Brisbane and if you want, a few nights shared accommodation, plus $300 cash for your efforts.

If anyone is keen, and available, email me on [email protected] or SMS to 0414 523 528.

I'm hoping to get it here by (or over) next weekend if possible, but will need to know as early as possible to arrange return flights.

Thanks. from G-Nut

EDIT: Looking at the route and times, it seems it might take 3 days including return flight, so price has gone up to $300 for anyone willing to give it a go.

Edited by white_sandshoe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn man I would love to do this but my boss won't give me a couple of days off work :bash: . If only my boss would let me. Let me speak to him again on Monday I will see what I can do?

What suburb do you live in Darwin? Do you have a pic of said car? Would it make the trip to Darwin without any problems?

Just two years ago I did the opposite trip from Darwin to Brisbane.

The reason it costs so much to get freight to Darwin is because it is classed as a remote area.

I think Mungi Mods is the MAN! What a legend. Oh, Phil-keto, tickets back from Darwin can be had for a little under $200... If you wanna tag along it's no issue to me, but I can only make payment to one driver... :P

Mungi, when do you want the ticket booked to get you home? I'll chat tomorrow and finalise everything if we can...

the epic roadtrip has begun

3477km from brisbane todarwin

now only 2945km to go (we are in Roma)

so far.

speedo does not work (using TomTom GPS for speedo

fuel gauge kind of works i think will find out in the morning when i top off the tank

thing to fix tomorrow morning

headlights point everywhere

spare is shreaded

no jack

no wheel brace

indicator flasher unit inoperative..

Edited by mungi mods

day two

drivers seat has usual ke70 issue(bottom has fallen out of it

steering has 30degrees of play...

on a positive note it defineately gets up and goes

been passing road trains all day and 3 trailer road train doing 90, overtake and by the time your at the cab your doing 150ish in 4th gear

with a little care and attention would make a cool sleeper !!!!

i am exactly half way now , in Cloncurry

off to mount isa now , and then Mount Isa in the morning ..hahaha

Northern territory has lowered the open road speed limit to only 130km/h

soooooo gay

update tomorrow