Ae86 Bolt On Front Brake Kits Fit Ke30 Sedan

ninja-philbo

well guys I'm currently building a ca18det ke30 4 door sedan and I'm chasen a front brake upgrade without having a parts folder 10 pages long for jut my front end.

bin lookin around and found afew nice front brake upgrades for ae86 sprinters just wondering if they will fit onto ke30 sedans ive bin told they will fit ke70s so why not ke30 sedans. il be doin coilovers sleaves so bigger rims isnt an issue. just need bigger brakes legaly so i want to take the easyest way possible.

Members dont see this ad

the ajps one?

It looks pretty decent. Just unsure about LCA's and bumpsteer. Also check king-pin angle which may need to be tweaked with some camber tops or longer LCA's

I'm sorry what?

camber tops and LCA's wont change king pin angle.

and what are you refering to with the "unsure about LCA's and bumpsteer".

as for the original question, ke70 stuff is an upgrade for ke30's yeah? ae86 is pretty simliar to ke70. so i reckon you could use it. I'm sure some ke30 enthusiast has either done it before, or they know more than me. hopefully they poke their head into this thread.

just re-read your posts phil-keto, your gonna have to mix and match parts if you want stuff to bolt in. its not going to be exactly easy.

I'm imagining, ae86 struts (to fit good shocks in), ke30 LCAs, ae86 steering arms, tie rod/rack ends to suit (are ke30 steering box?...hmm wonder how thats going to work...)

and then if you want big brakes, like that ajps RX7 kit, thats an RX7 caliper, a mini cooper disc (i belive) and the alloy adaptor to make it all work. and probably custom brake lines to suit.

Edited by ke70dave

gibberish

Ha ha of course it wont change king-pin angle....i didn't think i had to spell it out....

Oh and for the ke30 enthusiast to get in the thread.....you wont have to wait too long ;) (hint: << thats not a pic i found on the net)

Is it windy up there Dave?

Adam

Edited by cuzzo

unfortunately generally it's all out or nothing for anything reasonable on front end,

i have built up both a budget setup and an all out setup, budget won't cut much more than mild

street, full out can be raced and anything in between is a compromise of performance, geometry

and reliability... remember the front end can be comparable to the motor in a build -

suspension, brakes, geometry, steering are major factors in performance, and all the parts

do add up to a small fortune!

SEARCH damn it

Edit - not having a dig at you Dave or anything. Just a shot across the bow on this thread.

just re-read your posts phil-keto, your gonna have to mix and match parts if you want stuff to bolt in. its not going to be exactly easy.

I'm imagining, ae86 struts (to fit good shocks in), ke30 LCAs, ae86 steering arms, tie rod/rack ends to suit (are ke30 steering box?...hmm wonder how thats going to work...)

Bolt in.

All you'll need is the steering arms from the ae86 and the bearing plate from the ke30.

I'm not sure about the ae86 springs - if their wider or seating in a different place on the strut tubes.

Unless your planning on longer control arms the tie rods and their tubes will be ke3x/5x

Ball joints are the same across the board.

i was just hopen cause i don't want a parts list as long as my arm. and i have long arms like a monkey haha

Another choice would be Corona struts especially since your wanting bigger brake.

The springs will have to swapped over to the ke3x/5x but since your planning on coil-overs that wouldn't be a problem.

Wheel bearings are the same across the board on the corolla - ke20 thought to the ae86. But the corona uses different ones.

I guess the "mix-and-match" of the parts will be the brakes.

Four spot hi-lux calipers on the corona struts....

Edited by towe001