Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Know Any Small Capacity V8

Featured Replies

Hiro stop trolling wiki and writing it to make out you know it, it is fvcking annoying.

 

OP: There is a guy at road and track selling a rover v8 that needs to be assembled.

Is there many of them around?

Hiro stop trolling wiki and writing it to make out you know it, it is fvcking annoying.

 

I didn't "troll" Wikipedia for it, I knew it. I was looking into the 3500s a few years ago (before I had any sense, in practice they're a horrible car). Plus, I had a Vitesse (the top-spec of the SD1) model car when I was a kid.

Is there many of them around?

 

Not as many as there used to be with rodders grabbing them, this one was meant to be going into a rod but he lost interest.

i had a rover 3.5 in my volvo wagon. simple to work on, reliable and relatively small and compact

there are still heaps of rover V8's + gearboxes around if you know where to look.

 

i don't know why you'd bother tbh. i was looking into these a few years ago. with the usual mods that make a typical motor fly (ie mild cam, carb and inlet, good exhaust, decent comp etc) they only make 240-250hp.

 

for not much more than a worked rover conversion you;d be able to pick up a wrecked 2WD hilux or aurion etc and use the 1/2GRFE motor and make much more power. with an exhaust i think they'd sound sexy too.

for not much more than a worked rover conversion you;d be able to pick up a wrecked 2WD hilux or aurion etc and use the 1/2GRFE motor and make much more power. with an exhaust i think they'd sound sexy too.

 

 

Count the Aurion motor out. Its not going to mate to a rwd tranny, not even the GR series Hilux tranny from what i can tell.

I have access to a couple of aurion motors and some auto 1gr housings and they don't connect.

 

Having never looked at a lexus 6 speed pattern from a gr series motor I cannot say. I'm pretty confident that a 2wd hilux box will not connect to the smaller Aurion v6. Aurion motor pattern is almost the same as 2azfe, which is sort of a rotated s patetrn but different around the bottom of the housing. Its all down to the camry lineage.

 

If I were looking at a lexus v6 motor for my corolla it would be the 2.5 litre thing from the IS250 JDM version, with 6 speed of course. Looking at maybe 4-5k landed here but then you need a hell of an aftermarket ecu to run the 4 VVTi systems at once. Or you need to do a hell of a wiring job to make a standard ecu work in a non standard chassis. i think you would have to integrate the full electronics to make it function.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.