Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser

Raven

Members dont see this ad

Not too shabby for a turbo manual either.

If the intercooler can lean the fuel out a little bit more, it effectively should be even better on the open road.

Total fuel cost to travel 1830km's was around $280 as well.

There is just way more to do over there than here, but in saying that, I've lived here all my life, so a sea change can't be all that bad :)

Yep that's what I miss most about living in melbourne, having said that i never did bugger all I just liked having the option when playstation got boring haha.

What's next on this rocket of yours mick, you just seem to keep buying expensive bit after expensive bit!

Yep that's what I miss most about living in melbourne, having said that i never did bugger all I just liked having the option when playstation got boring haha.

What's next on this rocket of yours mick, you just seem to keep buying expensive bit after expensive bit!

There's no such thing as a non-expensive part on a Chaser :dance:

Haha, come on, don't be like that Ryan!

One of the best examples I've seen for a while. Good to catch up at Leeroy and philps the other night too.

Man this will be the awesome with the cooler. I think it needs a massive rolla turbo and around 20psi of boost.

Stu.

You supply me a free turbo and I'll do it :P

At the moment, I've just removed the stock intercooler and associated piping as my Trust/Greddy Spec LS Front Mount Intercooler is being fitted later today when it cools down (I don't like swimming in my own sweat).

After that, diff bushes need doing, then sway bars, chassis rail bars to stop torsional twist and then lucky last is a 1 or 1.5 way LSD.

Stereo still has to go in too, just awaiting a factory amp integration harness from the US and I ordered the wrong one.

Once all thats done, just a few niggly bits, front bar repair and repaint, same with the side-skirts and I'll be happy.

Edited by Raven

Don't put that intercooler in today - too freakin hot out there.

Also, unless they have improved the design on them you are in for a fair bit of cutting. You are going to be blown away by the difference the cooler makes though. Wayyyy more responsive... comes on boost earlier and harder.... more boost even on lowest setting!! Mine made something like 30 more rwkw just out of the intercooler change over :dance:

The thing will be peeling the tyres all day long. :fuzz: Wait til the colder weather hits too :cool:

Haha, its being fitted after 5pm, so should be a stack cooler to install the cooler then.

I have a bolt in kit that Trust do for the JZX100, so minimal cutting required just on the ends of the chassis rails.

With my mate on hand who has installed quite a few intercoolers into Chasers in the past, it shouldnt take much longer than an hour or two to knock over.

I'm looking forward to the fun tonight! Haha!

I don't have a boost controller, but with just the stock cooler on, I was pushing 0.9bar with a free flowing exhaust.

Edited by Raven

Haha, its being fitted after 5pm, so should be a stack cooler to install the cooler then.

I have a bolt in kit that Trust do for the JZX100, so minimal cutting required just on the ends of the chassis rails.

With my mate on hand who has installed quite a few intercoolers into Chaser in the past, it shouldnt take much longer than an hour or two to knock over.

I'm looking forward to the fun tonight! Haha!

I don't have a boost controller, but with just the stock cooler on, I was pushing 0.9bar with a free flowing exhaust.

I had the same bolt in kit on mine :wink:

Have you got the instruction manual there?? Check the shading on the front bar reo, and also the shading for the bumper section... have fun :dance:

Like I said unless they changed the design you're in for some fun :bash:

With the reo, I'm going to lay it back so I don't need to chop it.

Front bar is fibreglass, so shouldnt need to trim much away, if at all.

I should check the box for these instructions you speak of though haha.