2Tgeu Into Ke20

benhachi

Yeah we used the original engine mounts cut em out and just re welded them.. talk about a tight fit.. the carbies miss the brake master by 5mm and the water pump misses the radiator by 5mm.. used original tailshaft.. the ke20 engine bay is smaller than the ke30 one. i didnt have to cut a hole in the floor for mine... its just a tad forward. i need to change the slave cylinder on mine as the pedal is so heavy.. but yeah other than that it went in really well and looks overrated with the engine bay freshly painted. ill put a build thread up soon

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well i took her for a drive the other day.

@___@ It hauls ass!!!!!!! and has a perfect crisp induction note.

A few guys at the lights asked if it had a worked subaru engine! =P I'm keeping it off the road though until its been dyno tuned and engineered. Just want to be safe on the tune.

All in all. I think its worth doing the conversion.. But only just!!! the up's and downs i had during the conversion sucked, sometimes i just felt like selling it. you have to have patience to do this conversion. That said though if i did it again it would be alot easier.

Well i took her for a drive the other day.

@___@ It hauls ass!!!!!!! and has a perfect crisp induction note.

A few guys at the lights asked if it had a worked subaru engine! =P I'm keeping it off the road though until its been dyno tuned and engineered. Just want to be safe on the tune.

All in all. I think its worth doing the conversion.. But only just!!! the up's and downs i had during the conversion sucked, sometimes i just felt like selling it. you have to have patience to do this conversion. That said though if i did it again it would be alot easier.

thats awsome!

big diffrence from the 4k

you plan on doing any work to the engine?

Edited by agius

Very big difference..

And not really planning on working the engine unless i could get my hands on a decent set of lumpy cams and a really good tune . Exhaust side of things has been done with extractors and a 2 inch.

Id love to put a sc14 running 5-6 psi on it but i think too much is involved, and i don't like the idea of a turbo i want the engine to last.

But.. if i had a list it would have to be..

Oil cooler kit

Cams

Regular carby tune up's

Up the compression/ or

sc14 ^__^

Great job getting it in mate. You should be able to get some fairly decent parts for the 2TG as it was quite a popular TRD item in the day. Initially you probably won't come across parts too often, but I'm sure if you looked in the right places there'd be a mile of TRD and other performance parts waiting to be snatched up.

ps. You only need to tune the carby's once if done right the first time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sure do, as a matter of fact I've got it in at an engineer's place getting a custom pedalbox, remotely mounted brake booster and ae86 brakes that are on it refurbished.

I met a previous owner of this engine by chance the other week.. apparently it makes 206 HP. Feels like it!! lol. second gear any rpm is you want wheels to spin just give it some juice. and sounds insane with the twin dellorto's

If you need advice with anything let us know.