Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trailer Trash!!

Featured Replies

Black looks good, so you are moving?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so you are moving?

JiP's finely flapping his wings and leaving the nest :hmm:

Lookin good John!

 

Moving to a..errr...Trailer Park? :P

If ya moving ill give you a hand.

I spent more money...

post-1158-062960600 1292951950_thumb.jpg

post-1158-000950900 1292951994_thumb.jpg

 

Now to cut them into shape, sand them, stain them and put a few coats of clear on them :D

That looks good mate.

Those boards will look even better when you start putting the paint on them....Brings out the colour in the timber.

 

Are they the T&G flooring because I was wondering how you're going to seal the floor (to stop water getting in from underneath....)

If ya moving ill give you a hand.

 

+1 if I am not working.

 

I spent more money...

 

Now to cut them into shape, sand them, stain them and put a few coats of clear on them :D

 

That suits the trailer very nicely.

That suits the trailer very nicely.

Ditto :jamie:

  • Author

Well in order to rush completion (meaning "Get the f@$k out of the garage, the rain is ruining my brakes in my car," says Dad :|) I've had to decide, do I screw in the timber then stain/varnish, then paint the under carriage? Or Number the timbers, stain both sides, varnish both sides, then attach with stainless steel screws.

 

I've decided on option 2. Plus I would like to see the look of the stained timber underneath.

 

Anyway here is all the pieces cut and numbered. I've sanded the tips so that the tail gate can close.

I've had to think hard on how I want it to look. I could have put in 14 pieces and then had one panel of 60mm at the end. I didn't like that idea so thought I'd start in the middle and work my way out on both sides. That gave me 30mm on each side. I then couldn't see myself being able to cut such fine lengths. So I've ended up putting that 60mm right in the middle. Think it works better...

post-1158-064203900 1293117900_thumb.jpg

 

Also put on my jockey wheel. Blew up dads drill in the process too lOl. One issue is that I didn't want it to stick out too far and maybe hit the car if I was doing a sharp turn. So where it sits now is good but doubtful that I'll ever have a storage box on the drawbar. :( This isn't the final shot. I've reattached the jokey wheel on the lower holes so it doesn't sit too high at its lowest setting. It needs to be able to wind down to the height of my towbar.

post-1158-074448600 1293118003_thumb.jpg

Hows the tailgate close with the wood?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.