3Sfe Conversion In Ke35

e3469

Members dont see this ad

can't find any good engine....so bought 3sfe.....how can i increase Hp in 3sfe.......wht about turbo or supercharger....please help me......

First rule of engine conversions - use an engine that is suitable, not just because it was the only one you could find or it just happened to be laying around. In most cases you'd be better off spending the money to fix and improve whatever engine is currently in there rather than spending thousands on custom work just to make the new one fit, with minimal gains in the end.

S-series engines can be a bugger to convert to rear-wheel drive, plus there is next to no aftermarket stuff out there for them because everyone just uses the 3SGE and GTE anyway if they want a performance S-series.

F series engines are not designed to make power, they are the economy engines of the Toyota range.

Sell it and get a G series engine if you want more speed.

Otherwise spend a lot of money on cams, exhausts, head jobs, inlets and it still won't get you as much grunt as a G motor. The head design is quite different and the bore to stroke ratio is for long torque, not revs.

3sfe is too many efforts for the gains.

i imagine its pretty much the same as a 3sge conversion, cept without the 3sge.

-figure out what to do with the dizzy (CAS + aftermarket ecu)

-figure out what to do with you gearbox (some weird and obscure bellhousing + custom clutch)

-custom engine mounts/gbox mounts/inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, tailshaft, wiring.

pretty much assume that everything will be custom, and thats a good starting point.

the 3sfe went ok in the old st162 celica/sv21 camry my mate used to have, but i sure wouldnt go out of my way to put one into anything, cept maybe a bin.

the 5 speed borg warner corona box will bolt straight up to the S engines, you can use flywheel and clutch as well without mods. This is what I plan on doing to my ke70, I want to run a 5sfe, now that's a conversion that makes sense for what I want

The early 3SFE and late 3SFE are different animals. If you've got an early one you can get the late model cams which have a larger base circle and have them ground down to get a little more duration and lift.

Late 90's model rav 4's also come with a wasted spark ECU, which would be good for a RWD swap. The late 90's toyota spacia(noah in japan) came with a factory RWD 3SFE, even a model with a supercharger.

Port's on the 3SGTE and 3SFE exhausts have the same spacing, but are missing 2 of the bolt holes, so you can run GT4 / MR2 manifolds, but of course they're FWD config apart from custom gear.