150 Rwhp

80ke70

Hey my name is James I'm 18 an from WA state an i have a newly acquired blue 1980 TE72 2 door with the quad round headlights it currently has the 3TC engine in it, Well to the point I so far have a 283 reground cam Header ported polished head/exhaust manifold/intake manifold an in the process of getting my Quad Mikuni motorcycle carbs going. Would like to avoid going with boost as things get very expensive an I am building this paycheck to paycheck an it will be my dailey driver/Honda eater. Was just wondering if someone could let me know where i should go next to get abouts 150 pony's at the wheels an have a little snort at the gas pedal when it is pushed through the floor board would like to pre-thank everyone who has something to say.

Thanks, James

Members dont see this ad

You saying 110 WHP with the setup i have going? If that'll be great from the whoppin was 65-70 horses stock 3tc's have. Plus its gonna be my daily driver anyone know what Valve Springs i should use with the 283 cam? Heres a little picture of what the heads looking like so far still getting that intake manifold built for my quads.

Hi there,

The turbo thing can be done WAY cheaper than most people imagine.

My daily drive has been done on a shoestring budget and shed floor scrapings. I wont post any more pics and details as I've already wasted enough bandwidth in the 'backyard turbo' thread! Burning honda's isn't an issue either! :lolcry:

Cheers,

Jason

Stayed carb - 650 double pumper holley 4 barrel carb.

SR20 exhaust manifold has the same port spacing and the front and rear bolts fit perfectly. The only difference is the SR manifold has 2 bolts per port and the T series shares one between 2 ports for the middle runners if that makes sense. An aftermarket top mount SR manifold would need bugger all filing/drilling to make the holes work. The standard SR manifold in factory bottom mount config fouls the T series engine mount and starter motor so I made an adapter out of 12mm steel to top mount it - about a 3 hr job with drill and die grinder plus thread tap.

Cheers,

Jason