Stoopid 98Ron

BUZ440

So living in Central Australia and with this super heat most of us are having,

park the old girl up in the sun, go to the shops (long walk, keep away from other cars) come back turns over but no go,

Seems 98RON don't pump all so great in the heat, so push her into some shade to cool down, frustrating, any one else have/had this problem?

Members dont see this ad

Yeah no fuel was filing the filter before the surge tank,

Getting into the seat and thru the cage in the heat and no air con was really testing my patience also,

I miss my EVO at times, haha

*edit - bahaha Joe Namath

Edited by NISROLA

Vapor lock is common in NASCAR, since the machines still utilize gasoline and carburetors. A car which runs out of fuel on the track often experiences difficulty restarting once it has been refueled in the pits. Crew members usually attempt to restart the car with the aid of ether and push starting. If a driver is aware he is running out of fuel on the track, to help avoid vapor lock, he may turn off the engine (before it stalls) and coast to the pit area for refueling. This allows for a small amount of fuel to remain in the tank and fuel lines to make refiring easier.

just carry a spray bottle of ether around or start yah basted

You sure it wasn't 98ron with ethanol as ethanol in a non suited car can experience more problems with hot fuel handling because the vapour pressure of fuel with ethanol will be greater.

I'm quite sure it is 98RON wiout ethanol, as BP is the only place in town that sells this,

only ethanol is opal unleaded to stop the petrol sniffing

they turn the pumps off when the temps hit 38/40 degrees plus, so its quite common out here, i generally fill it at nights