January 3, 201115 yr comment_492347 hey everyone just goy a stock as a rock ke55 what fuel should i use??????????????? do i have to use a valve saver fuild or not?? i had a gemini and i neva had to in them as the alloy head so would want to make sure what i should be useing in the ke55 thankz Report
January 3, 201115 yr comment_492350 91 octance will be fine in a stock 4K No valve saver needed. Alloy heads have hardened valve seats from factory. Japan went unleaded back in the 70's or so i've read :hmm: Report
January 3, 201115 yr comment_492354 I use 95, and I'm thankful its cheap as a subsidised 10% ethanol blend! 91 would probably be OK for stock, but I skimmed the head when it was off and don't have to worry about detonation with 95. Report
January 3, 201115 yr comment_492359 I run 98 in my 4K. But that does have minor head work and a reasonably big cam. Report
January 3, 201115 yr comment_492368 I run 98 in my fresh 3K, runs like a dream. Might just be my imagination but I swear it goes further (better economy) than when I used 95. :blush: Report
January 3, 201115 yr comment_492372 I sat down and punched out the math once upon a time... your car uses 10% ethanol based fuel 27% faster than 98 octane fuel and 98 does not cost 27% more. Therefore it is more economical to use 98 octane based fuel and drive efficiently than it is to use 10% ethanol blended fuel and drive efficiently. That was based on my 04' Camry with a 2A-ZFE engine, manual transmission. Edited January 3, 201115 yr by GJM85 Report
January 3, 201115 yr comment_492379 With a carby motor just set your timing advance based on the fuel you buy. Unleaded 8-12 deg 95ron - 10-15deg 98ron - 15-20deg (depending on engine mods of course). With my old 4K I found with the timing advanced a touch as above I'd get much better fuel economy with 95 or 98 ron fuel. Report
January 3, 201115 yr Author comment_492447 ok thankz for all the imput 98 it is i will tune it better when i get a webber on the old girl n exasut Report
January 4, 201115 yr Author comment_492631 can u just leave timing the way it is n just got a good fuel in for if i play with timing will it go better n be better on fuel???? Report
January 4, 201115 yr comment_492635 i understand what your saying, but please don't use 'n' as a word. its not a word. just chuck in 98 fuel, and wind the timing up a tad. take your car to a big hill, drive like you normally would up the hill and see if it pings. if it does, wind the timing back a bit. and try again. note it is not unusual for a "normal" engine to ping under very heavy loading (4th gear, 2000rpm, foot to the floor, up a hill). but then again you shoudlnt be driving with you foot to the floor in 4th gear at 2000rpm. so thats ok. in genearal: more advanced timing = more power for the same rpm, thus you can use less accelerator to move your car, thus you use less fuel. Edited January 4, 201115 yr by ke70dave Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now