1979 Series 1 Toyota T18 Se Te72

Miximus

This is my Baby :) (Name: Unknown/Didn't Think It Needed One lol)

1979 Toyota T18 (TE72)

Have Owned the car for about 4 Months Now...

Picked it up for $750 with 2 months Rego...

Running a Stock 3TC/13T-U with T50 Gearbox, Diff Etc. (All Standard)

So far I have Replaced Both rear Brake Cylinders, Fan Belt, Water Pump, New Exedy Clutch (STD), Have done the Rear Main Seal and Replaced the Spigot Bearing. (I Think That's All)

Mate of Mine lent me some CSA wheels and tyre's that he's not using.. (Stuff running on Stockie's - Car feels unsafe lol)

(If Your Looking at my Avatar & Wondering who owns the Sick T18 that's dumped and rollin on SSR Meshies... its me.... but i photochopped the wheels on and dropped it ;)

i have also installed a decent stereo to keep my happy on long drive's - Running an SSL MP3/CD Player with VDO Dayton 5.25" Splits, and an SSL 12" 750WRMS Sub in a ported Box which is Running of a Coustic Amp.

so Plans for the Car...

Where to Start....? i guess with the basics...

Considering a Rebuild sometime this Year (32 yr Old Original motor could do with a freshen up although still runs well)

Getting some Wheels (just 2 for the moment) thinking 15x7's as my old housemate gave me a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 195/50ZR15's today ^_^ (if u have some 15x7-7.5's in Brizzy let me know ;)

Also looking at King Low Springs (30-35mm Drop) about $180 for a set Delivered

other plans include Tuned Length Extractors, 2.25" Exhaust system with a Resonator and Rear Muffler, Sport/Racing Cam (From USA is CHEAPPPPPP) Also wanting either Single or Dual SideDraught Webbers to accompany the Cam ans Exhaust system.

Happy with the car as my Daily for the moment. has some small rust spots (adds Character ;)

Show some Love & Post a comment. (Pics Below)

post-12606-042188000 1294471318_thumb.jpg

post-12606-080090900 1294471404_thumb.jpg

post-12606-067875300 1294471412_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miximus

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, needs to be lower. Where abouts in brisbane are you? Ive only seen one other T18 other than mine around and it was matt black.

Hey mate, I'm on southside in Mt Gravatt.

In Reply to Lowness - Ill be ordering Kings in about 2 weeks...

I have seen 2 other T18's in Brizzy. One Gold, and one Creamy coloured. havn't seen a matt black one tho...

Also in an Update on The Wheels Subject, I've got a mate with a Set of 5 Bluebird TRX rims which he's offered me for $50. will get them in the next few weeks and give them a good clean up and then paint the centre's Satin Black to give them a more JDM look.

Edited by Miximus

Just a Short Update, I noticed lately with all the rain that my rear guards/Quater panels were filling up with water (Could hear it Sloshing around) and also the carpet in the back was getting wet and mouldy, so i Popped out the Drain Plugs on both sides and i think around 30 - 40 Litre's of water drained out all up (hahaha) :laff:

then shortly after i took it for a drive and it felt like the rear tyres were flat (which they weren't) just letting the water out made a huge difference to the handling of the car.

now i just have to take the carpet out and give it a good wash and i should have no more leaking problems in the boot!

also new wheels coming in less than a month (Hopefully)

Peace

been working out prices for parts etc. recently.

Total Cost(ish) for the first stage of mods will be around $1400 which would include: Dual Sidedraught Webber's, Aluminium Sidedraught Manifold (BRD Racing - Imported from USA), Tuned Length Stainless Steel 4-1 Extractors (Also Imported from USA), 2.25" Exhaust System with Single Resonator, And a 3" Straight Through Stainless Muffler.

Hopefully this will give me a decent power boost.

other things I want are King Springs, New Spark Plugs and Leads, Set of Wheels (Already looking at) and to cut out and clean up any rust...

hopefully it will all be complete within 2 - 3 months (Providing my income doesn't change) :laff:

then i will start considering more serious things like a full respray and Rebuild to freshen up the Motor a bit (Trinity Motorsport or 999 Automotive)

G'day Nick , its a tidy looking T18 there ,

The rust under your side rear window will be caused by the water sweating in the quaters & having no higher area to go or get out , so once your've fixed the water leaks it'll stop any more rust in these areas ,

Cheers

Dave

G'day Nick , its a tidy looking T18 there ,

The rust under your side rear window will be caused by the water sweating in the quaters & having no higher area to go or get out , so once your've fixed the water leaks it'll stop any more rust in these areas ,

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the Tip :)