ke70btk

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that struck me was the club mentality of some people,

Brad I would have to agree with you on that one,

I mean me and Mason were at the BP northbound just me and him, then we proceeded to the Nudgee service centre, once again no one was there also,

I understand that things happen and cars don't always get on the road as anticipated

for the type of event, carollas were spaced out within the grounds also would have been nice to park close to each other,

I think ill be more mindful of future events, but in saying that always good to meet people

Was a very hot day indeed, hopefully have the 38 presentable by the june show. One thing that struck me was the club mentality of some people, datto boys with their nice stickers and club shirts to match. It was impressive to see, something I wouldn't mind getting into with some rolla guys and girls.

cheers, Crowie

PS: Chris put up some photo's of those rims trial fitted, I would like to see how they go with a white car.

i will post them on my rides thread for you to see and everyone else lol they will look awsome

Brad I would have to agree with you on that one,

I mean me and Mason were at the BP northbound just me and him, then we proceeded to the Nudgee service centre, once again no one was there also,

I understand that things happen and cars don't always get on the road as anticipated

for the type of event, carollas were spaced out within the grounds also would have been nice to park close to each other,

I think ill be more mindful of future events, but in saying that always good to meet people

Don't get me wrong, was a great turn out by rollaclub guys and girls, but we just look like a pack of kids compared to most groups out there. I just think this club has come to a point where we are lacking in members with finished cars, they give an example/inspiration to others to get their cars looking great. After seeing your car Carlos I am very keen to get my car looking clean and respectable. Even if it's still got a dirty old 4k in it. I probably wont attend any cruises until my car is done, just so I can save that bit extra to spend on the car, but once it's done I'm keen for some serious rollaclub.com cruises.

/rant, Crowie.

aww mate were'nt they all just lovin' the panelvan :P

Lets get a few more panno/wagons at the next one in June....

Putting the call out to Terry(mungi mods), Myself (yes it will happen....lol), the new owner of Bludger's 70(ive forgotten), Brad(Crowie55) and any others that ive missed.

Fair point there Brad, I'm originally a gemini owner, and we all know how that goes, you have to start somewhere

but yes the platform for carollas are a great ideal car to do up,

and cause of this i don't usually go to shows or cruises, as I'm use to working three jobs, but thought id take my car to inspire other people, which it appears that I have, next time Chris ill put the bonnet up for you, haha

i know its not a toyo engine, in stock form nissan engines do their part, spend some money on it, and yeah i think i woke mason up a few times on the highway, haha

if you can get OKE 020 and OKE 030 and Matt's, there would be some precedent there for the next show, ill try not and pull mine off the road around then, or bend it around the track, haha

//double rant

heaps of printing shops will make custom shirts up, not sure of the pricing though.

will do a ring around tomorrow

Getting club shirts may help a little bit. But i think its all down to senior members leading the way with these things.

Or even like a qld sections event leader?

Yeah Carlos, I missed you guys by 5 mins at BP & therefore at Nudgee aswell....

Got up for work at 12:30am finished at 5:30am then had to get me & car ready so trust me....I tried my best guys

heaps of printing shops will make custom shirts up, not sure of the pricing though.

will do a ring around tomorrow

Getting club shirts may help a little bit. But i think its all down to senior members leading the way with these things.

Or even like a qld sections event leader?

The handbrake's(mrs) father has a printing business at his home so she offered to ask him about pricing, so we can see how cheap he is (I'm sure he's cheap n nasty) sorry we don't don't talk at all....lol

Fair point there Brad, I'm originally a gemini owner, and we all know how that goes,

I've owned a few Gemini's in the past aswell, corolla 'K' engines are a bit stronger than the old G161

I'm use to working three jobs, but thought id take my car to inspire other people, which it appears that I have, next time Chris ill put the bonnet up for you, haha

I'm working two jobs at the moment so yeah never much spare time for any fun hey....

if you can get OKE 020 and OKE 030 and Matt's, there would be some precedent there for the next show, ill try not and pull mine off the road around then, or bend it around the track, haha

//double rant

Good luck getting him to another event this year, he only drives it twice a year.....lol

Scott (OKE020) would definately provide a bit of extra inspiration.........I would be enjoying watching peoples faces hit the grass when he lifts the bonnet