Victoria Flooding, Towns Being Evacuated

jaygore

Hi guys it has happened...

We are starting to flood down here as well.

Multiple towns have now been evacuated and flooded.

The VIC premier is going to make an anouncement at 11.30am.

These videos were taken at 7.50am and it has risen since

Alot of my friends have been evacuated and some the second time with in 4months.

Alot of Suburbs in ballarat are blocked off as well...

Will let you guys know how things go

Edited by jaygore

Members dont see this ad

Cheers mate, ours are no where near as bad, but its the last thing australia needs.....

its weird to think that our lake was completely bone dry, and they said it would take upto 3-4 years to become full again and now its broken its banks in less than a Year!!

i finish work in an hour n half so I'm going to drive around and take some pictures.

Floods are also in NSW and Tassie.

I was watching the Seven News, aand they interviewed a bloke from Kyneton saying how bad the floods were up there... Then he said to them, "Is there a place in Australia where it isn't flooding?" I said to the Family, "Perth!". :lolcry:

Here in Sunbury, it's not too bad. Sunny Blue Skys are out and drying up. But judging by where the clouds are goin', the North-Eastern Suburbs are in for a Hidin'.

Josh :cool:

i got caught in these floods yesterday coming home from a family trip to adelaide. all the main highways where closed so we ended up having to take back roads and fording a few knee deep patches of water. turned an 8 hour drive into a 12 hour marathon. we did about 960kms.

All the roads around my parents place just out of ballarat were flooded, they Couldn't leave home for a bit.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/family-rescued-at-smythes-creek-amid-floods/2047163.aspx

That was just a few blocks away from my folks place, I'm annoyed at the owners for building there, those ses workers could have been doing work where they were truely needed!

So it is getting worse with some of the rivers expected to Peak tomorrow, first QLD and now looks like there could be alot of victoirans effected as well

Also there is now a 7 year old boy who has fallen into a river and cannot be found, this is all just so horrific =[

Well the marsh survived, the river rose just under 4m behind my place and I'm in the worst spot for flooding so we were lucky, another meter or so and we would have been in trouble.

My other half is currently stuck in Robinvale, an hour our side of Mildura, roads have washed away and others are still flooded and getting worse so until today there hasn't been a highway open to get her back home, hopefully she will make it tomorrow!

It's only going to get worse before it gets better too, water is coming down from qld viathe darling river and flood water is also making it's way along the Murray, can't see mildura doing to well with that let alone my home town of wentworth just past mildura, that's where the Murray and darling rivers meet!

JP

Bloody heck, hope you guys are holding up ok.

Hows Kryal Castle, Sovereign Hill and the Eureka Stockade ? Have good fond memories of the places when i went there on a school camp way back a life time ago in grade 6.

Home town i use to live at was Merrigum.

All i can say is don't do anything too rash, listen to the cops and what not and be prepared to get out.

Sorry to hear, There was a guy on my facebook the other day that I think was from Vic (I think he may be a member here) complaining that all he hears or sees now is the qld floods, I posted and said we atleast you know what is coming to you.

If you are reading this then maybe now you will understand what it is like you inconsiderate prick.