Ke70 Axel Shaft Removal

scottiriver

hello everyone

has anyone removed the axel shafts on a ke70?

i have removed the wheel, brake drum and bolts securing the axel bearing to the axel.

i have given the shaft a good tug and it will not budge. :hmm:

has anyone removed the shafts and whats the easiest way of doing it??

all help will good

cheers scotty

Members dont see this ad

Use a wheel to act as your axle puller.

Put wheel on. Put a wheel nut on two of the studs - diagonally opposite. Just do them up a little bit, enough that there is thread inside the nuts, but the wheel is still sloppy.

Now put the wheel face up against the axle face, and then give it a good hard tug towards you.

Should pop the axle out easy.

Or a slide hammer works.

Yep best tool for the job!!!

But if you don't have access to one you can turn an old disk into one. Remove unbolt the rear brake assembly eg. Rear drums and backing plates etc. So that all your left with is an axle with studs hanging out then undo the retaining plate on diff housing. Get an old front brake disk and bolt it on backwards so the disk part is outside but leave it so I will slide back and forwards about 10mm. Push forward then pull it back quickly hopefully it will give it enough of a shock to unseat it. If that fails bolt the disk up tight and hit it with a big rubber mallet but remember to hit then turn the axle.

Stu.