Ae71 Fuel Milage???

Anticeptik

Hey just woundering what your milage you guys might be getting out of a 4ac.

I got a auto ae71. Stock which I brought for fuel consumption purposes to and fro around, now I'm getting ~ 350k/tank. Which imo is terrible.

Whats a ball park figure I should work to achieve. I'm going to start to nut out wjats wrong with it tonight. Any sujestions would be great

Members dont see this ad

i would have said anything below 10L/100 and your doing alright (for normal every day driving, stop/start suburbia styles)

the old 4age efi doesnt get much better than that around town (no thanks to my right foot), uses bugger all on the highway though, i swear its less than 6L/100 on the highway.

should be getting a reasonable 9-10L / 100kms

My T18 gets about 11L - 100kms and I have a 38 38 weber carb, extractors, 2" exhaust, with a very tall ratio diff (4.8) and thats not trying to get any kind of fuel econamy just driving and having fun like it was made to do. But before all the mods it was getting 9L around town and 7 on the highway that was after a good tune up new plugs, adjusted points, ect.

I always write the Km down on the gas receipt and work it out later. Largely to check the playing around with different needles in the SUs. Today was 8.6L/100, all around town with rich needles. The other needles usually do better, and down to 7L/100km on a trip.

Throw the auto box away and fit a 5speed manual. Better fuel economy, more power to the ground and a lot more fun to drive. The auto box weighs at least twice what a manual does too.