Urgentt!!

purple_ke55

gday guys iv just pulled out my gear box out of my ke55

which has a 5 speed box in it, due to grinding and thrust bearing noises

although my problem is i don't want to rebuild it yet bcoz i have a 4age built ready to go in

and the box doesnt bolt up?? so how do i go about this do i need a adaptor plate?

bcoz from what iv heard they are meant to bolt up..its out of a ke70 5 speed.

so can i use this box with my 4a or do i need a different one?

help would be muchly appreciated thanks

Members dont see this ad

gday guys iv just pulled out my gear box out of my ke55

which has a 5 speed box in it, due to grinding and thrust bearing noises

although my problem is i don't want to rebuild it yet bcoz i have a 4age built ready to go in

and the box doesnt bolt up?? so how do i go about this do i need a adaptor plate?

bcoz from what iv heard they are meant to bolt up..its out of a ke70 5 speed.

so can i use this box with my 4a or do i need a different one?

help would be muchly appreciated thanks

you have a k50 mate, you will need a t50 to bolt straight up to the 4age. don't bother about an adapter plate just get a t50, you will need a tailshaft too.

You'll kill a K50 putting it behind a 4A-GE. No point even trying to make it work. What you need is the 5 speed (T-50) out of an AE71. AE71's had an A series motor, which mates to a T series box in rwd format. KE70's had a K series motor, which bolt up to a K series box. Look around on the forums, they pop up fairly regularly. Make sure you get an AE71 box, not a celica one.

Edited by RedKE30

thanks bud..

so is it possible to use a k50 at all?

if not, know anywhere i could get a t50 bcoz iv had a look around and none have popped up..

k-t bell housing, though they are apparently rare and very expensive. Much cheaper to get a t50 box, they are much stronger than the k50 too.

k-t bell housing, though they are apparently rare and very expensive. Much cheaper to get a t50 box, they are much stronger than the k50 too.

Wrong way around.

K-T bellhousing will allow you to put a t box on a K motor. K boxs have the box and bell housing all in one piece, so there's no adapting them.

hey man, you can use a k50 gearbox behind a 4age, just not the one you have from the 4k. what you want is a k50 gearbox from behind a ae85 or ae70 with a 3a engine. easy for a 4age conversion because you don't need to go hydrolic clutch. good to get up and running. i had a k50 behind a 4age for a while with no worries. the ke70 diff went first.

sweet, john

the one i have has a sealed bell housing, and i currently have a 5k in the car, and its a 5 speed if that makes a difference..

do u know if thats the right one from that?

and do u have any suggestions about the other parts i posted before??

this conversion is costing alot more then expected, and my car is off the road atm so i need to get info asap

to get on the road..

thanks mate

No. Your box will not work on your 4AG.

Don't use lowering blocks, get your leaf springs ptrofessionally reset. Yes it will cost money.

Get some 4AG RWD extractors. They're around. They probably wont be cheap.

Conversions always cost more than you think. Rule of thumb, work out what you think it will cost, then add 50%. Then add a bit more. That should get you 75% of the way through the project.

Until you have everything (including the information) for your 4A-GE conversion, get a replacement box, which will cost you no more than $250 and stick with your 5K. If you didn't catch on before, we're not going to spoon feed you information, because we all know from experience, it is definitely out there... SHITLOADS of it.

That's the best advice you're gonna get mate.

Otherwise be prepared to pay a LOT of money for someone else to do it URGENTTLY!!