Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.

carbonboy

"Hey man, I'm gonna move BT, can you move the Telstar so we can move the Celica to shift the Paseo so I can get Sudi out of the way of the trailer so I can open the garage door to spin Gokai around?" :lol:

New neighbours are good, their dog barks more than mine, they mind their own business & the music they play loud is stuff I usually listen to anyway. Last two sets of neighbours have been pricks, third time lucky for the win! :D

Edited by carbonboy
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

"Hey man, I'm gonna move BT, can you move the Telstar so we can move the Celica to shift the Paseo so I can get Sudi out of the way of the trailer so I can open the garage door to spin Gokai around?" :lol:

lol that's exactly what I was thinking... tho Telstar>? least the others are Toyota's .... suppose a Mazda is at least Japanese :P

New neighbours are good, their dog barks more than mine, they mind their own business & the music they play loud is stuff I usually listen to anyway. Last two sets of neighbours have been pricks, third time lucky for the win! :D

Like Justin said, good work on upgrading neigbours!

lol that's exactly what I was thinking... tho Telstar>? least the others are Toyota's .... suppose a Mazda is at least Japanese :P

Yeah, the Telstar... :lol: It was going to be my mates project car, but I convinced him it's a better idea to leave it standard, daily it & spend the money on his Mini project, i.e something worthwhile! :laff: The Telstar I've grown to like, probably because I've spent much time repairing the damn thing for him as his mechanical abilities are.... :hmm: ... still in development. Which probably why he's on my case so much to help him fix the Celica for RWC, he's not 100% confident doing the work (mainly replace all suspension components) by himself & his missus is on his back about it (big time) as it will be her daily to replace the Paseo. So when he gets off his ass & starts it, I'll be there to help, I'm not doing it for him! :no2: :laff:

I like how it's thought I know what I'm doing..."Heya, you know about cars right?"..."No, I know about AE82 Corollas". :laff: :laff: :laff: I have half an idea, the rest is what the workshop manual's for! :D I figure changing all suspension components on a FWD Corolla vs a FWD Celica should be pretty simiilar, just bigger bits on the Celica. :wink:

P.S - I dug another hole Dad.

Settling in's going well Azza, probably taking a while doing it but there's a BIG pile of mates stuff waiting to be thrown out taking up the space where I want to put my stuff which is semi-out in the rain atm. :( Went to visit my cousin & her daughter last night, as much as she could pi$$ me off, I missed the little bugger. Have now been sucked into mowing the lawns there. :lol:

I did wander into the garage, pull the tarp off & say hello though! There's more space in there now some junk's been binned, so setting up shelves to store gear & fixing that bloody roof! *sigh* So many handyman jobs to do!

"Heya, you know about cars right?"..."No, I know about AE82 Corolla's"

hahahahahhaa!!! :lolcry: :lolcry:

same story bro! And anyway, who wants to work on a ford telstra or failcon? :no2: ... ohh them ford owners :P

Keep at it mate! not too much longer till this settling process is over.. :)

And anyway, who wants to work on a ford telstra or failcon? :no2: ... ohh them ford owners :P

Keep at it mate! not too much longer till this settling process is over.. :)

I just pretend it's a Mazda 626, makes everything easier! :yes: :laff: At least it's a step up from the VP Calais he used to own. :D

Getting there, having fun finding things, thinking "Wow, I havent seen this in years.....don't need it!" *BIN*

just think once its all done, how much time you will get with the 82'

Hopefully enough to complete body prep & paint (crosses fingers) before my work holidays are over. My mate keeps mentioning me helping him fix the missus's Celica, so that will rob some time but seeing as he hasn't gotten off his ass in 2 months & even put it on stands yet, I'm in no rush. It's his balls in a vice, not mine! :P

I just pretend it's a Mazda 626, makes everything easier! :yes: :laff: At least it's a step up from the VP Calais he used to own. :D

Getting there, having fun finding things, thinking "Wow, I havent seen this in years.....don't need it!" *BIN*

*sigh* yes, pretty much anything is an upgrade from a land barge commodore... been driving my old mans VN thats done half a mil kms.. now thats an interesting thing to drive :blinks:

Usually my car does this up and down, but flat bounce like go karts do, this thing bounces in a sideways motion... thats just the start fo the suspension problems let alone the rest of the car :blinks: :lolcry:

I just began cleaning out my corner of the shed, so i know what you mean! its a great feeling :happy: hahaha

*SIGH*

Well, not the update I wanted to write.... Walked out to BT to go to work this morning, put key in door lock, think "why does the key not go in?", then "why is the door already unlocked?", followed by "why are the contents of my centre console & glovebox everywh.....F@&K OFF!" 8|

Some lowlife *insert nasty words here* decided to break into it last night, seem to have gone looking for anything of value, found nothing & discovered that the immoboliser says NO to starting it so they've given up. Trust me, there's nothing of value in it & they don't appear to share my taste in music as all my cd's were still there. :laff: Have had a few ideas for DIY hidden kill-switches for Gokai, might be testing them out on BT as a backup. :hmm:

If/when I get another dog, it's gonna be a Doberman! :yes: Guess where the kennel will be relative to my cars... :evil:

Currently replacing both front door locks, ignition barrel & a 4AC tacho dash to replace the Twin Cam item that's been there pretending to be cool. :lol: Am pretty happy to get away with that little expense as compared to the last time someone tried stealing it (see first photos on page 1). While I was at the wreckers I also scored a pretty much perfect condition drivers window regulator & glass, so I can get rid of the plastic sheeting/duct tape that's currently keeping the rain out of Sudi. :)

Edit: Works on Gokai are being delayed a little as: a) our car parking setup here is being changed, a bit of 'landscaping' will be happening in the front yard :wink: & b) my work holidays aren't what I was expecting so may not have the time I was looking for. Also the reason why I won't be attending the GOR trip. :(

Edited by carbonboy

Are you serious!? That sucks!! too many people have been having their cars broken into recently. not cool :(

And no offence at all but BT isnt exactly an expensive car, nor does it seem as though youd keep anything exxy in there anyway... so why would they target the blue box out of the whole neighborhood? :glare: maybe they saw it when you had your whole house shoved in there while you were moving? :laff:

As for the drivers window... where abouts was this wreckers? not deer park was it? any other 82s there?

Same story about holidays for me... i shoulda been on hols 2 weeks ago, but somehow they always sweet talk me with some moneys... always :bash: lol last week this week though :happy:

Sadly yes, I'm serious. No offence taken, was wondering the same thing myself. :P The CD player's at least 10 years old, the rear speakers are the same ones as in the photos on page 1, the rear seats are AWOL at the moment so you can see from outside the car that there's nothing in it & I found my (slightly exxy) tape measure in the glovebox I'd forgotten about. Nothing was taken, not even stuff you'd think they'd take as compensation for not getting the car.

Was Pick A Part in Campbellfield, there's a few AE82's there, mostly Secas, I even found a yellow AE80 with a 2AC. :D If you want a pretty good nick drivers window regulator, go the the burgandy Seca, it's under the drivers seat. If you want drivers door glass with only a few almost invisible scratches on it, on the front seats of the red Seca. Both cars are at the end of the rows where the main path/road is. :) If you want an AE9x radiator with the angled top pipe like I do, you're out of luck! :lol: