'67 Ke10

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

Thinking i'll have to hustle a shed off a mate to chuck this in and get it sprayed, Weather is not allowing, tafe is full on and not getting much done.

Although i'll be putting the engine together soon once ryan sends of the turbo stuff and the blocks acid dipped.

Looking at a ke11 i discovered my mate has in a paddock to grab some parts off for this, mainly passenger guard and a few other bits.

Although i'll be grabbing the beaver as well incase it needs to be modded to fit the fmic behind it.

Jono Ive been asking around for sheds/booths to no avail. A mate did say he once got a cheap arse second hand plastic portable carport, and there was enough room to walk around with a spraygun. As long as the insides are folded in a little, and weighted with some big rocks or something, then alls good. $50 it cost him. Doesn't have it anymore however as some kent melted it on new years eve hahaha!

Josh_04 do you have a ke55 sedan or coupe? Not many other ke55s in Hobes Ive seen

Cheers mate, guess i'll have to keep looking, although the carport idea could work if the ground wasn't washing away haha.

I had a look tonight when i got home and i've figured out it's moved about 50cm further downhill from the rain and it's rocking like 1" ride height at the sills, will be fun getting it out haha.

Grabbed some MZ20 soarer seats today for this (same as ma70) very buckety and deep without looking ricey or aftermarket

Oh and josh's 55 is a 2 door coupe, as seen here:

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/53611-ke55-coupe-project/page__p__544095__fromsearch__1#entry544095

Got my seats

post-9662-0-05963400-1312716456_thumb.jpg

Rather attractive. Deeper than most "drift" seats i've sat in. Amazing condition too. The light patch isn't fading it's just where the velour is brushed up.

Not so keen on the brown, although they will be retrimmed eventually.

Still waiting for good enough weather to pilfer some parts off my mates ke11 to get this thing ready for paint.

One thing i've noticed is there is getting more and more ke10's and they all seem to be going 5k turbo so it's harder to stay individual.

Especially when people say to you, Oh how sick! i might do that on mine! >|

So i've got some new idea's to keep this fresh and balla but they won't be revealed.

New long term engine plan is also in mine for when the 5k no long does it for me.

When I upgraded to MA61 seats for my KE55 Coupe, the difference is astonishing! However, I would have rathered my passenger seat as my drivers seats. Only because it has less padding and I am positioned lower.

Hurry up and clean the seats lol!

Cheers, Jake.

They're not actually dirty really haha. They're pretty overrated and once the velour is rubbed all the same way it won't have that light patch.

Although i'm thinking i'll have to re-inforce the rear seat mounts as they weight literaly 1.87263 Tonnes

Haha, so was I at first. If you prep it really well, and get ALL the crud off, the dye will penetrate through and none should settle on the surface. I took my JZZ30 seats out, put them in the back of the rolla, and took them to a steam cleaner at scrubbers. Worked a treat.

Harder than doing vinyl or leather but - all they need is a good scrub with orange hand cleaner :)

Cheers man i'll have to keep that in mind

This might have to be put off for a while. As i'm getting home at 5 and it gets dark 6 so doesn't leave much time. Especially as i usually go out once i get home anyway.

With tafe i'm getting nothing done on this so the body will have to be done in summer when i'm off for 13 weeks. Or possibly at end of term.

Although the 5k turbo and the interior will still be getting worked on.

Rather happy to say that it was sunny when I got home today. So I jumped at the chance of getting something done.

Pleased to say the door Jams and inside doors are done. :D

Which means I can start the interior if I can't get anymore bodywork done.

Also polished off another section of the rear guard.

Hoping the weather stays good for the weekend as apart from the passenger guard the body MIGHT be almost ready :D