March 21, 201115 yr comment_511489 so i got $500 and I'm not to sure wheather to paint my car or buy a 5k instead. both i figure i can do for around $500 currently my paint is rough, but i think my car would look overrated with a fresh paint job. like all cars. but then again i could buy a 5k for a little under $500 and whack that in and have some fun and suggestions? Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511495 If you want to impress others do the paint. If you want your car to be more fun for you, do the 5K. Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511502 I'm also on the verge of this decision, the only thing I'm worried about with the 5k is the clutch. if I'm changing it from the van clutch to my 36. clutch wont i need a clutch alligining tool? Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511507 I'm also on the verge of this decision, the only thing I'm worried about with the 5k is the clutch. if I'm changing it from the van clutch to my 36. clutch wont i need a clutch alligining tool? finger = clutch aligning tool on a ke. hope this helps Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511510 Unless you are going to spray the car yourself and already have the gear to do it i doubt you'd get it sprayed for $500.. By the time you buy thinners, paint, paper and polish etc, and then if you have to buy a compressor and gun etc Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511511 A better aligning tool. Lubricating northside rolla boys with beer when you want to do the swap. Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511516 5k is a better option cause then you can always re paint your car after the engine goes in Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511519 5k! best thing i've ever done to my corolla! then save up and do the paint properly Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511521 finger = clutch aligning tool on a ke. hope this helps or by eye and running your fingers around the outside of the clutch and seeing if it's pretty even on all sides were you can feel the clutch Report
March 21, 201115 yr Author comment_511523 i can borrow the equipment from an uncle that sprays sprint cars, its just that I'm sick of my car looking like crap haha but then again the power increase from a 5k does seem worth it. will see what happens tomorrow when i buy one or the other Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511525 ever done a paint job before? I think that most people would rather see really crap original paint, than a really poor attempt at a respray. This will also reflect in the value of the car, i think that at least half the repaints i see on here would drop the value of the car rather than increase it. Another thing to consider is how much time you have to spare? To drop a 5k in will take a day. To do a respray will take much longer. Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_511532 i think that at least half the repaints i see on here would drop the value of the car rather than increase it. Ouch... very true. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now