Best Insurance Agency For Your Ke55

just blink

Now to whom it may concern on this topic is up to you , but it is most important procedure after buying your KE55 to have more confidence knowing your car is some what safer in ugly situations .

So who is the best insurer for our KE55's ? :hmm:

Edited by just blink

Members dont see this ad

Get yourself at least 3rd party property damage.... to at least cover the other car if you are at fault in an accident.

3rd party fire and theft is better.

Full comprehensive is good, but not really worthwhile for a 2 grand car. Maybe if you've spent a heap of cash on (legal) mods go to say Shannons and get agreed value, you'll pay though depending on your age/mods.

If you have illegal non-mod plated modifications you may as well not bother with insurance. The insurance company will void your claim if you cause an accident and you'll be responsible for repairs for both your car and the other parties.

that is not correct,shannons policy is that the car doesnt have to be legally modified,it only has to be in a roadworthy condition.

i have 80k worth of cars insured through shannons and it costs me about $1200 a year....

If you're over 25 go through Shannon's, I've been told that getting insurance through them at a young age is virtually impossible. If you're not 25 then any old insurance company will be fine, get 3rd party fire and theft as a minimum; it's only an extra $60 a year for f and t, your car might only be worth 2 grand but you'd rather have that in your pocket if anything bad happens. Also make sure to note any modifications eg: stereo, wheels. as most of the time they are more expensive than the car itself. If your looking for a good insurance company to deal with I'd recommend AAMI, took care of me, great service, very easy to deal with.

Cheers Crowie.

that is not correct,shannons policy is that the car doesnt have to be legally modified,it only has to be in a roadworthy condition.

i have 80k worth of cars insured through shannons and it costs me about $1200 a year....

Well maybe not, but:

"Modified vehicles modifications and non-standard

accessories to your motor vehicle are covered if we

agree and are shown on your certificate."

Quote from Shannons PDS.

Well maybe not, but:

"Modified vehicles modifications and non-standard

accessories to your motor vehicle are covered if we

agree and are shown on your certificate."

Quote from Shannons PDS.

my certifcates from shannons are 2 pages long :blush: one of my cars is no where near legal,but it isnt a problem at all.

Hi,

I use Shannon's on the KE15 I have. I'm under 25 BUT after an interview and proof I was an enthusiast they gave me insurance MUCH cheaper than other places agreed value.

As for mods. I was told for policy to be legit car had to be road worthie...

Mods If I let them know they agree on them there ok for instance they know I have a large cam and twin side drafts on a 5K non standard motor. since they know it is legal but QLD road rules state I think I need pollution testing done again and all that but I never did that but mod is still ok with insurance. IF THEY AGREE it is ok. So tell them all your mods and see if they will insure you.

Cameron