Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke36 Ute......Hrmmmmmm

Featured Replies

  • Author

He is also putting in a non-factory engine, gearbox, diff etc.

 

The longest part of it will be doing the chassis work, but aside from that.

 

Sussed out how i will do the rear firewall, tailgate and tray side tops.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • /\ agreed. Then you could have a mad hectic awesome panel van as a daily!!

  • One word "Rarity".   I can see you chopping up the panel van and then getting the shits with that too and scrapping it, just like I got the shits with the 25 and decided to part it out.   I'd rath

Posted Images

well you have abviously thought it all though and understand the amount of work involved.. and have the motivation to do it... and money...

so i'm looking forward to seeing the progress pics.

  • Author

Who did you talk to regarding chassis mod engineering?

pottsie quite a while back now

Edited by greenmac80

  • Author

Ah yes, Ol Pottsie. I've still got his number floating around.

 

Certified to to sign off on chassis' etc i assume?

I think you'd be better off chopping the green machine up as 4 doors are a lot more common and will retain a lot more strength with the rear doors than the 2 door blind panel vans.

/\ agreed. Then you could have a mad hectic awesome panel van as a daily!!

  • Author

I think you'd be better off chopping the green machine up as 4 doors are a lot more common and will retain a lot more strength with the rear doors than the 2 door blind panel vans.

 

How have you come to this conclusion?....

  • Author

/\ agreed. Then you could have a mad hectic awesome panel van as a daily!!

 

I think your forgetting being "mad and hectic" in Adelaide will get you defected....

The 4 door wagons have 4 doors.

 

Rear doors are effectively a strong skeleton opposed to the two door panel vans where its just one sheet of metal, so strip the rear doors, weld shut, done.

 

THEN you brace it and chop the roof.

 

Check out the Volvo wagons converted to utes. 7 shades can point you in the right direction.

  • Author

Just a whole lot more work to add to the list.

 

Not to mention swapping everything from the wagon to the panel van, doing the bodywork on the pano, take it over the pits, get rego.

 

Then, strip the wagon, Weld up the rear doors, convert to 2 door, chop the roof, brace, engineer, take it over the pits, rego etc.

 

When it comes down to it, The panelvan is sitting there, 80% stripped, already 2dr, alreay got a base for a firewall, full length tray etc.

 

If i convert the wagon to a ute, I'm shooting myself in the foot with having to take 2 cars over the pits, and all the extra work of converting 4doors into 2......

 

People seem adamant on having the 38 cut up or sold...

Edited by SLO-030

Yeah I'm with you on this one Ryan! Don't cut Up the 38 because if you get half way through and it all goes to shit it would be sad to have cut up the car you put so much work into, and the Pano doesn't seem to mean as much to you!

One word "Rarity".

 

I can see you chopping up the panel van and then getting the shits with that too and scrapping it, just like I got the shits with the 25 and decided to part it out.

 

I'd rather see it go to a good home where it will be kept as a panel van, than see you take a gas axe to it and destroy one of the few remaining panel vans left.

  • Author

One word "Rarity".

 

I can see you chopping up the panel van and then getting the shits with that too and scrapping it, just like I got the shits with the 25 and decided to part it out.

 

I'd rather see it go to a good home where it will be kept as a panel van, than see you take a gas axe to it and destroy one of the few remaining panel vans left.

 

Oh, i know the rarity, but one thing alot of people wouldnt/ can't comprehend is that the 38 has alot of centimental value to me.

I lost 2 family members whilst building it.

 

Gas Axe? Yeah, maybe if i wanted to send it to scrap.....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.