Ke36 Ute......Hrmmmmmm

SLO-030

He is also putting in a non-factory engine, gearbox, diff etc.

The longest part of it will be doing the chassis work, but aside from that.

Sussed out how i will do the rear firewall, tailgate and tray side tops.

Members dont see this ad

I think you'd be better off chopping the green machine up as 4 doors are a lot more common and will retain a lot more strength with the rear doors than the 2 door blind panel vans.

How have you come to this conclusion?....

The 4 door wagons have 4 doors.

Rear doors are effectively a strong skeleton opposed to the two door panel vans where its just one sheet of metal, so strip the rear doors, weld shut, done.

THEN you brace it and chop the roof.

Check out the Volvo wagons converted to utes. 7 shades can point you in the right direction.

Just a whole lot more work to add to the list.

Not to mention swapping everything from the wagon to the panel van, doing the bodywork on the pano, take it over the pits, get rego.

Then, strip the wagon, Weld up the rear doors, convert to 2 door, chop the roof, brace, engineer, take it over the pits, rego etc.

When it comes down to it, The panelvan is sitting there, 80% stripped, already 2dr, alreay got a base for a firewall, full length tray etc.

If i convert the wagon to a ute, I'm shooting myself in the foot with having to take 2 cars over the pits, and all the extra work of converting 4doors into 2......

People seem adamant on having the 38 cut up or sold...

Edited by SLO-030

One word "Rarity".

I can see you chopping up the panel van and then getting the shits with that too and scrapping it, just like I got the shits with the 25 and decided to part it out.

I'd rather see it go to a good home where it will be kept as a panel van, than see you take a gas axe to it and destroy one of the few remaining panel vans left.

• Upvote 1

One word "Rarity".

I can see you chopping up the panel van and then getting the shits with that too and scrapping it, just like I got the shits with the 25 and decided to part it out.

I'd rather see it go to a good home where it will be kept as a panel van, than see you take a gas axe to it and destroy one of the few remaining panel vans left.

Oh, i know the rarity, but one thing alot of people wouldnt/ can't comprehend is that the 38 has alot of centimental value to me.

I lost 2 family members whilst building it.

Gas Axe? Yeah, maybe if i wanted to send it to scrap.....