Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tools...

Tool brands 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you reckon is the best?

    • Snap-On
      42%
    • Teng
      0%
      0
    • KC
      0%
      0
    • Sidchrome
      22%
    • Kinchrome
      14%
    • SP
      8%
    • anyone else i've missed...
      11%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A lifetime warranty should be just that. If the jaws spread on my spanner, give me another one. Snapon: yes sir, no problem. Sidchrome, I'm sorry sir, our warranty doesn't cover that, that's wear and tear. .

 

I'm a professional. I buy and use good quality tools. I don't mind paying good dollars for something with a good warranty. When it becomes inadequate to do the job, please can I have one that will. I've seen Snapon replace 40 year old ratchets because they're shagged. Here sir, heres a new one.

 

A warranty (and service) like that builds loyalty. Sidchrome used to be like that. Talk to anyone over forty who's used them. Now they're not.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • i don't like sidchrome/stanley ratchets one bit! they get real sloppy real quickly!

  • I use SP combo spanners and toolboxes, bluepoint ratchet spanners & sockets (awesome but expensive) and a mixture of others. Personally if I won Tattslotto I would have everything in Snap-on/Blue

I had some knipex pliers warranty is shit on them, took them 6 months to decide to replace my side cutters and never even got back to me about my long nose pliers.

A warranty (and service) like that builds loyalty. Sidchrome used to be like that. Talk to anyone over forty who's used them. Now they're not.

 

Even some people under 40...I remember running around my uncles sheds when I was 5 or 6 years old & if it wasnt Sidchrome it wasnt allowed in the shed. I don't care what "processes" or "quality control checks" they have in place, the fact is when they sold the company, changed the people who run it & moved the manufacturing plant location things changed & not for the better. Now that I'm close to 30, Sidchrome is just another one of those brands that "used to be good" (that was, until globalisation kicked in & cost mattered more than quality). :(

A lifetime warranty should be just that. If the jaws spread on my spanner, give me another one. Snapon: yes sir, no problem. Sidchrome, I'm sorry sir, our warranty doesn't cover that, that's wear and tear. .

 

I'm a professional. I buy and use good quality tools. I don't mind paying good dollars for something with a good warranty. When it becomes inadequate to do the job, please can I have one that will. I've seen Snapon replace 40 year old ratchets because they're shagged. Here sir, heres a new one.

 

A warranty (and service) like that builds loyalty. Sidchrome used to be like that. Talk to anyone over forty who's used them. Now they're not.

 

i worked in a tool shop for many years as a tools salesman, its not just sidchrome that don't warrant wear and tear nowadays, the life time warranty now only covers manufacturers faults. wear and tear doesnt come under that, companies are losing too much money. And people, please don't get mad at the salesman at not replacing it, it is the representatives of the company who makes the tools that have the say on whether it is replaceable.

 

now for quality wise, just about all said brands are good quality until we start hitting them with a bigger hammer, or put a piece of pipe on the end of the ratchet handle for more leverage. TTI is my fav, as it is made in the same district as sidchrome and repco in china, and its cheap. (i used to work for TTI, so i may be biased). hope this helps any way, stay clear of fragram, ETC, and supatool.

i worked in a tool shop for many years as a tools salesman, its not just sidchrome that don't warrant wear and tear nowadays, the life time warranty now only covers manufacturers faults. wear and tear doesnt come under that, companies are losing too much money.

 

Correct . I will continue to buy tools from the companies that do cover wear and tear. Thats one of the reasons why snapon isnt cheap. But they do stand by their warranties, and therefore have my business for my work tooling.

It all comes down to what your doing with your tools, how much are you going to use them, no point spending twenty grand on a tool kit if you are a backyard mechanic. Iam a mechanic and have been in the trade for over 25 years, a few years ago i started my own tool business selling a european brand and that company has a manufactures lifetime warranty and I never knocked back a claim. I have since gone back as a mechanic and was quite shocked when I went to ask for a replacement socket from snap-on and they refused to replace it, they recken they don't warrant tools that are worn out, will not be buying any more of thier product.

well thats when you get your 3/8 drive socket, slap a apdapter on it and use a breaker bar on it and try to snap it, then his gotta replace it :wink:

I have used quite a few brands over the years

And my eighteen year old kinchrome stuff. is still

Going strong. I like a lot of snap on gear but it is

A bit pricey for my work. I have been using a bit

of Force gear (ratchet spanners mainly) and find

Them to be very nice, great feel and operation.

Some of the repco stuff is also quite good and their

Warranty is reasonably good aswell.

Good luck buying your tools

  • Author

Stay clear of fragram? why?

 

(btw. *bump*)

I've always had sidchrome tools and have never had them f@$k out yet, in saying that there ratchets are shithouse and most of mine are now snap-on, blue point and snap on are exactly the same thing just different name

If I see several brands of the tool I need while working , I`ll instinctly (is that a word?) reach for Hazet

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.