Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crowie'S Ke38 Wagon

Featured Replies

*Sees 4AGE engine.... watches topic*

 

This is an epic car.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 276.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Cheers mate; it was the look I was trying to achieve :happy: , I should really put some detailed pictures up to compare the shades of wood, they are almost identical. Much better than a pink dildo mos

  • So... I'm picking this up on the weekend. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Posted Images

Nice update on the engine! This car just gets better and better...

  • Author

Cheers Rian and oh-KE.

 

Had an awesome day today, Carlos and his girl brought NISROLA down to the Gold Coast for a cruise. Cruised down the spit and through Surfers Paradise and people could not stop staring at Carlos's ride! Once again thank you Carlos for giving me a call I had a ball.

 

Spent the rest of the afternoon hooking up the modified center console, Haven't got the tacho or water temp working yet as I need a sensor and some extra wire; although I managed to get them all lighting up Green to match the stock cluster. Very happy with the results :yes:

Cheers, Crowie.

post-9001-0-28905000-1322896554_thumb.jpg

Cheers Brad was a great day for a cruise, even tho the rich peoples shops don't have a bathroom,

 

And giving it a bootfull past you to make sure you were awake,

 

Have fun today mate, and catch up next week

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Cheers Brad was a great day for a cruise, even tho the rich peoples shops don't have a bathroom,

 

And giving it a bootfull past you to make sure you were awake,

 

Have fun today mate, and catch up next week

seeing a corolla move like that gives me motivation for more power! I've upgraded everything apart from the diff so it's about time I added some power

 

Updates on the 4age:

Bought a brand new 1.3kw starter, 100% uncut loom with ECU, map sensor and coil assembly. Hopefully get my flywheel machined this week, and order all the parts for a fuel system. As I've read it's probably a good idea to use a surge tank and lift pump as my tank is way under the car in the wagon unlike in a sedan. trying to match up a vl fuel pump with a similar flow rate lift pump and a small surge tank, I've read it may be a little excessive although if I run return lines from the surge and fuel rail I should be ok?

 

Also trying to get a hold of some mates relatives over in NZ to get some ke30 4age mounts off trademe.nz for the price it's to hard to pass up and something I wont have to worry about come engineering. Researched a nice fact on toymods that a t50 rubber mount can bolt to the k series gearbox cross member and that it lines up with two of the stock mounting holes in the chassis. SWEET!

 

I will start mounting the engine in my brothers ke55 over Christmas while it's off the road as the bays are identical. Only need a few pieces to complete the puzzle now! check my wanted to buy add and help a brother out!

 

Cheers, Crowie.

post-9001-0-75881200-1323775454_thumb.jpg

post-9001-0-67758700-1323775469_thumb.jpg

Everytime I see your little picture pop up in the forums, I think how cool it is.

Regardless of power - it's a sweet looking ride.

  • Author

Everytime I see your little picture pop up in the forums, I think how cool it is.

Regardless of power - it's a sweet looking ride.

haha cheers man, it's nice to have a good looking car that some people appreciate. Absolutely can't wait to get this 4age in though, a little bit of go to back up the aggressive styling of the car.

 

UPDATES:

Sourced a clutch from the awesome and very good looking Reed for the 4age, bargain price and the delivery time was nothing short of a miracle. I wish all parts transactions went like that. Thanks again buddy.

 

I was also snooping around on the net to find some info on fuel system when I stumbled on this photo. Cleared up a lot of confusion and uncertainty for me. Thought I'd share

 

cheers Crowie

post-9001-0-86686600-1324202909_thumb.gif

  • Author

exactly the same but with filters, I was completely confused before i found that picture but now everything makes sense. With the wagons fuel tank under the car i couldn't just run a efi pump like all the ke70's do. It'll be a little bit of mucking around but in the long run it'll be worth it. Reliable power is the main focus of the build.

cheers for the link Ryan :y:

exactly the same but with filters, I was completely confused before i found that picture but now everything makes sense. With the wagons fuel tank under the car i couldn't just run a efi pump like all the ke70's do. It'll be a little bit of mucking around but in the long run it'll be worth it. Reliable power is the main focus of the build.

cheers for the link Ryan :y:

 

No problemos!

 

I would tap the lift pump into the original main outlet.

 

Wagon tanks have 4 or so inlet/outlets on them.

 

Unless you want to go to the lengths of having a "sump" welded into the bottom of the tank. Virtually eliminates the need for a surge tank.

  • Author

No problemos!

 

I would tap the lift pump into the original main outlet.

 

Wagon tanks have 4 or so inlet/outlets on them.

 

Unless you want to go to the lengths of having a "sump" welded into the bottom of the tank. Virtually eliminates the need for a surge tank.

yea that's the plan use all the existing inlets/outlets, may even try to fit the surge and pumps inside the boot cards for extra stealth. I don't think under car system would be safe in my car. It seems simple enough to hook up, only thing holding me back atm is money (bloody Christmas)but I'm confident I can figure everything out excluding tailshaft and possibly wiring... leave that to the professionals

Greenmac80 used an AE71 front tailsshaft yoke on my old KE38 tailshaft when he fitted his T50 backed 4E-FE. No shortening required.

 

Fusion put a 3T/T50 into his KE30. Lining up the mounts with the exisiting KE crossmember, he had to shorten the tailshaft by 30mm. Which happens to be exactly how much further forward the mounts on a TE crossmember are compared to a KE crossmember.

 

So really, depending on the positioning of the engine. You could get away with only swapping the front yoke of the tailshaft.

 

EDIT: You could fit an under car surge tank up behind the fuel tank. There would be enough space for one.

 

It'd be neatly (and safely) tucked up out of harms way. Plus it would eliminate the fuel system from being inside the car at all.

Edited by SLO-030

  • Author

Greenmac80 used an AE71 front tailsshaft yoke on my old KE38 tailshaft when he fitted his T50 backed 4E-FE. No shortening required.

 

Fusion put a 3T/T50 into his KE30. Lining up the mounts with the exisiting KE crossmember, he had to shorten the tailshaft by 30mm. Which happens to be exactly how much further forward the mounts on a TE crossmember are compared to a KE crossmember.

 

So really, depending on the positioning of the engine. You could get away with only swapping the front yoke of the tailshaft.

 

EDIT: You could fit an under car surge tank up behind the fuel tank. There would be enough space for one.

 

It'd be neatly (and safely) tucked up out of harms way. Plus it would eliminate the fuel system from being inside the car at all.

Yea it's all dependent on where the engine is located, it'd be great if I only had to change the front yoke thanks for that info. I'll really have to get under the car and have a look at a couple things once the engine is all bolted into position before i make a decision. Unsure on the fuel system location, something just tells me to put it in the back. A fire extinguisher will be riding shotgun once the system goes in too. :P

  • 3 weeks later...

Nice car man, hope you get the 4AG in there and running soon. Nice to see it went to a good home.

So tough!

Do i spy a TGI singlet in the earlier pages?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.