Crowie'S Ke38 Wagon

Crowie55

Sweet! roughly what I paid for my setup. tho the only part of the coilies I got were the sleeves.

It's a really worth while upgrade and it was quite cheap so I'm stoked with how it's turned out.

I should also mention Brad, that my pedal pressure is soft,

I really need to push on it to stop the car, in saying that tho, the car does stop on a dime not a worry,

Its not quite prosche performance, but I'm not gonna end up in a ditch anytime soon either

These brakes need to bed in properly as the pads on the front slightly rub atm as everything is new, my pedal is firmish although I'm used to it as I've been driving my car around with a broken booster ever since I've owned it haha.

Members dont see this ad

Fixed my brake rubbing issue, the calipers weren't returning and created heaps of rub from the first time I pressed the brakes. I though this was normal for new pads and rotors until they rubbed so bad I couldn't get out of 3rd. I tried everything I could think of to fix it, Finally played around with the booster and master combo and found a nut on the booster that engaged the master and wouldn't release pressure. Felt the brake pedal after releasing the nut and I have a lot more movement and push before the brakes engaged, Softer pedal with lots of bite compared to what I'm used to. Needless to say I nearly ended up through the windshield after I pressed it for the first time at speed :laff:

Also quoted up the rim widening for my wheels, for those who are interested 400 each rim for brand new bands outer and inner and 60-80 for gutter rash/buckle repair. Hopefully they will be under construction by the end of the week.

Cheers, Crowie.

Is this with your Nissan MC/Booster?

Sounds like it if you nearly hit the windscreen, haha

N14 pulsar booster and pajero booster, I did a big write up on page 7, check and see if your fire wall is the same, may be able to work out what booster you have.

Nice write up Brad,

She will pull up a dime now,

Ill have to catch up with you soon also

It would be great catch up soon Carlos, maybe a small QLD - rollaclub meet in a few weeks? Brakes are great I speed up just to put the brakes on :P

Little update:

Finally got around to repainting the inside of the front guards to cover up the hideous red over spray left by one of the previous owners. Little touches like this really neaten the car up. Hopefully have the whole underside of the car done by the end of the week. before and after shots:post-9001-0-53112300-1315965771_thumb.jpgpost-9001-0-11828200-1315965837_thumb.jpgpost-9001-0-07739600-1315966055_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey girls and guys,

I've been attacking my paintwork over the past few days with some cutting compound, after my respray the body felt a little rough and the car had a matte finish to it. Slowly but surly I've smoothed it out pannel by pannel. Looking great so far pictures as always:

post-9001-0-15204400-1317716781_thumb.jpg

post-9001-0-33487500-1317716718_thumb.jpg

I also got cracking on the GH sigma LCA's today, had to remove the rooted ball joints, I didn't really have an idea how to do ball joints but I found an article on toymods that helped me a lot. Never the less I got them out after no time and have my new ball joints in the freezer overnight so I can heat the lca's tomorrow and press them together with little fuss tomorrow.

post-9001-0-46304800-1317717014_thumb.jpg

post-9001-0-91684200-1317717315_thumb.jpg

post-9001-0-24407000-1317717229_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Crowie.

Christmas in October! New carpet arrived and I finally figured out how to do the ball joints so the sigma LCA's are ready to be put in. Also bought some coilover helper springs to keep my main spring captive when the coilovers are wound all the way down. AJPS RCA's have been ordered to restore some front end geometry and should be here before the weeks end.

Big weekend ahead installing above parts and finishing off the cut and polish job I started last week. I may also get around to leveling out my Silvia seats while I have the interior out as they lean towards each other slightly.

Wheel barrels are about a week off... getting pretty excited.

Enjoy, Crowie.

post-9001-0-42985300-1318227426_thumb.jpg

Installed the new capet and straightened up the silvia seats over the weekend to break up the monotonous study. I was hoping to get the helper springs, sigma lca's and rca's in but unfortunatly the rca's still haven't showed up yet. Anyways the carpet fitted quite well although it was tedious work cutting the holes for the seat mounts ect it was well worth it. Looks great so I'm happy.

Cheers, Crowie.

post-9001-0-08069000-1318827573_thumb.jpg

post-9001-0-03878300-1318827656_thumb.jpg