Crowie'S Ke38 Wagon

Crowie55

Members dont see this ad

Cheers Rian and oh-KE.

Had an awesome day today, Carlos and his girl brought NISROLA down to the Gold Coast for a cruise. Cruised down the spit and through Surfers Paradise and people could not stop staring at Carlos's ride! Once again thank you Carlos for giving me a call I had a ball.

Spent the rest of the afternoon hooking up the modified center console, Haven't got the tacho or water temp working yet as I need a sensor and some extra wire; although I managed to get them all lighting up Green to match the stock cluster. Very happy with the results :yes:

Cheers, Crowie.

post-9001-0-28905000-1322896554_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Brad was a great day for a cruise, even tho the rich peoples shops don't have a bathroom,

And giving it a bootfull past you to make sure you were awake,

Have fun today mate, and catch up next week

seeing a corolla move like that gives me motivation for more power! I've upgraded everything apart from the diff so it's about time I added some power

Updates on the 4age:

Bought a brand new 1.3kw starter, 100% uncut loom with ECU, map sensor and coil assembly. Hopefully get my flywheel machined this week, and order all the parts for a fuel system. As I've read it's probably a good idea to use a surge tank and lift pump as my tank is way under the car in the wagon unlike in a sedan. trying to match up a vl fuel pump with a similar flow rate lift pump and a small surge tank, I've read it may be a little excessive although if I run return lines from the surge and fuel rail I should be ok?

Also trying to get a hold of some mates relatives over in NZ to get some ke30 4age mounts off trademe.nz for the price it's to hard to pass up and something I wont have to worry about come engineering. Researched a nice fact on toymods that a t50 rubber mount can bolt to the k series gearbox cross member and that it lines up with two of the stock mounting holes in the chassis. SWEET!

I will start mounting the engine in my brothers ke55 over Christmas while it's off the road as the bays are identical. Only need a few pieces to complete the puzzle now! check my wanted to buy add and help a brother out!

Cheers, Crowie.

post-9001-0-75881200-1323775454_thumb.jpg

post-9001-0-67758700-1323775469_thumb.jpg

Everytime I see your little picture pop up in the forums, I think how cool it is.

Regardless of power - it's a sweet looking ride.

haha cheers man, it's nice to have a good looking car that some people appreciate. Absolutely can't wait to get this 4age in though, a little bit of go to back up the aggressive styling of the car.

UPDATES:

Sourced a clutch from the awesome and very good looking Reed for the 4age, bargain price and the delivery time was nothing short of a miracle. I wish all parts transactions went like that. Thanks again buddy.

I was also snooping around on the net to find some info on fuel system when I stumbled on this photo. Cleared up a lot of confusion and uncertainty for me. Thought I'd share

cheers Crowie

post-9001-0-86686600-1324202909_thumb.gif

exactly the same but with filters, I was completely confused before i found that picture but now everything makes sense. With the wagons fuel tank under the car i couldn't just run a efi pump like all the ke70's do. It'll be a little bit of mucking around but in the long run it'll be worth it. Reliable power is the main focus of the build.

cheers for the link Ryan :y:

exactly the same but with filters, I was completely confused before i found that picture but now everything makes sense. With the wagons fuel tank under the car i couldn't just run a efi pump like all the ke70's do. It'll be a little bit of mucking around but in the long run it'll be worth it. Reliable power is the main focus of the build.

cheers for the link Ryan :y:

No problemos!

I would tap the lift pump into the original main outlet.

Wagon tanks have 4 or so inlet/outlets on them.

Unless you want to go to the lengths of having a "sump" welded into the bottom of the tank. Virtually eliminates the need for a surge tank.

No problemos!

I would tap the lift pump into the original main outlet.

Wagon tanks have 4 or so inlet/outlets on them.

Unless you want to go to the lengths of having a "sump" welded into the bottom of the tank. Virtually eliminates the need for a surge tank.

yea that's the plan use all the existing inlets/outlets, may even try to fit the surge and pumps inside the boot cards for extra stealth. I don't think under car system would be safe in my car. It seems simple enough to hook up, only thing holding me back atm is money (bloody Christmas)but I'm confident I can figure everything out excluding tailshaft and possibly wiring... leave that to the professionals

Greenmac80 used an AE71 front tailsshaft yoke on my old KE38 tailshaft when he fitted his T50 backed 4E-FE. No shortening required.

Fusion put a 3T/T50 into his KE30. Lining up the mounts with the exisiting KE crossmember, he had to shorten the tailshaft by 30mm. Which happens to be exactly how much further forward the mounts on a TE crossmember are compared to a KE crossmember.

So really, depending on the positioning of the engine. You could get away with only swapping the front yoke of the tailshaft.

EDIT: You could fit an under car surge tank up behind the fuel tank. There would be enough space for one.

It'd be neatly (and safely) tucked up out of harms way. Plus it would eliminate the fuel system from being inside the car at all.

Edited by SLO-030

Greenmac80 used an AE71 front tailsshaft yoke on my old KE38 tailshaft when he fitted his T50 backed 4E-FE. No shortening required.

Fusion put a 3T/T50 into his KE30. Lining up the mounts with the exisiting KE crossmember, he had to shorten the tailshaft by 30mm. Which happens to be exactly how much further forward the mounts on a TE crossmember are compared to a KE crossmember.

So really, depending on the positioning of the engine. You could get away with only swapping the front yoke of the tailshaft.

EDIT: You could fit an under car surge tank up behind the fuel tank. There would be enough space for one.

It'd be neatly (and safely) tucked up out of harms way. Plus it would eliminate the fuel system from being inside the car at all.

Yea it's all dependent on where the engine is located, it'd be great if I only had to change the front yoke thanks for that info. I'll really have to get under the car and have a look at a couple things once the engine is all bolted into position before i make a decision. Unsure on the fuel system location, something just tells me to put it in the back. A fire extinguisher will be riding shotgun once the system goes in too. :P

• 3 weeks later...