Ke30 Camber

Hi all,

I have just fitted some wheels and tyres to the rolla and been for a wheel alignment. Toe and Caster are all good but there is 1deg 0f positive camber on both sides so it handles badly, has anyone had experience with adjusting this I know there are no factory adjustments so what have people done to there ke30's? ideas?

Cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have just fitted some wheels and tyres to the rolla and been for a wheel alignment. Toe and Caster are all good but there is 1deg 0f positive camber on both sides so it handles badly, has anyone had experience with adjusting this I know there are no factory adjustments so what have people done to there ke30's? ideas?

Cheers

Bend the strut?

Hi all, on the topic of camber. How can increase front track and camber on my k20? Do the sigma lca's do this?

You can redrill the crossmember on a KE20 to move the LCA mounting points out about 25mm. don't think there is enough meat in a KE30 crossmember to do this

Unfortunately no there isn't enough meat on the ke30 :(

If your game you could lift the pivot point up and out by about 20mm +/- but then you'll start getting bump steer problems.

Sigma LCA's on the ke30 would give a shocking amount of camber.

Sigma lca's at 330mm are only 20mm longer than ke30, and if he has 1deg positive now that'd flatten out to about 1deg negative..

+1 although will give a ke70 crazy amounts of camber.

buy camber strut top ajustment plates.

From what I've been told, camber tops wont fit on a ke30 because the spring hats too big? Need to run ke70/ae86 struts? Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by BReNt

Unfortunately no there isn't enough meat on the ke30 :(

If your game you could lift the pivot point up and out by about 20mm +/- but then you'll start getting bump steer problems.

Sigma LCA's on the ke30 would give a shocking amount of camber.

Went up and out with my ke20 and didnt have any issues with bumpsteer. The change in height of your front roll centre may make it more oversteery (or the opposite). There is a pic somewhere in this forum showing how much I moved the pivots.

+1 although will give a ke70 crazy amounts of camber.

From what I've been told, camber tops wont fit on a ke30 because the spring hats too big? Need to run ke70/ae86 struts? Can anyone confirm this?

this was the problem i had. strut assembly to big for the strut tower so there was about 1mm of movement in my camber tops before it hit. fml!

Sigma lca's at 330mm are only 20mm longer than ke30, and if he has 1deg positive now that'd flatten out to about 1deg negative..

That sounds about right, is there a particular model sigma lca I need? year xx-xx? chassis #? I have now read somewhere there are two types, a two piece and a single piece arm.