May 18, 201115 yr comment_525058 all the effort to rebuild i say keep it and put it in your ke55.. it went good when it was cooked... imagine now its rebuilt ! Report
May 19, 201115 yr Author comment_525225 got a little left to port and polish. all the casting inside the intake ports are 90% gone Report
May 30, 201115 yr Author comment_528060 its been 2 weeks since i dropped the engine off to the machinist. went down there last monday and its on the floor outside were i left it :glare: fml Report
May 30, 201115 yr Author comment_528087 not in a HUGE rush with it. I'm basically at the point with it that everything is ready to be put back together when i get it back. i let him know I'm planning to have it back in 4 weeks at the lastest Report
May 30, 201115 yr comment_528093 Just in time for me to have done a couple of weeks work so I have enough money to buy it :wink: Report
May 31, 201115 yr comment_528464 Cool keep the build pics going Ev. I have to say though, you'll be lucky to make any profit off a fresh build motor. Report
July 12, 201115 yr Author comment_539243 rofl i still havent heard or rang the machinist yet :lol:. ill ring him tomorrow. gonna put new bearings right thru it inc a new twin row timing chain. Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_539296 rofl i still havent heard or rang the machinist yet :lol:. ill ring him tomorrow. gonna put new bearings right thru it inc a new twin row timing chain. Please do lol. That's a sad story that they haven't called you yet. Must be great for their business if they run it like that. So you're planning to put it into a car of yours obviously. You wouldn't put this much work into it otherwise! Have you bought your gasket kit? I bought one off eBay when I was about to buy a 5K off a friend of mine, but he fell through with the sale and sold it with his car. I got the kit pretty cheap, so would pass it on for cheap mate. Send me a PM if you're interested. Report
July 13, 201115 yr Author comment_539297 I bought 2kits for fiddy bucks, depends how much its gonna cost me but slo-030 wants it for boost application Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_539308 That's a sad story that they haven't called you yet. Must be great for their business if they run it like that. Dude, can you find me an engine builder that DOESN'T run their business like this? Report
July 13, 201115 yr Author comment_539330 True that philbey, you gotta ride there back results. Anyways its all cleaned/machined up ready for new items. His gonna quote me so far in labour and parts Report
July 13, 201115 yr comment_539333 Evan - I paid $35 for it posted so $35 and postage if you're happy. It is a full set with valve stem seals, rocker cover gasket , head gasket, sump etc etc. Phil - Phillip Heads in Canberra? lol. I guess I went to the right place at the right time. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now