Bosch Condenser Price

Millaz88

Got some new points and a condensor for my e7 4kc the other day to try fix up my idle and tacho troubles now got them from autobahn

Points $15 or so

Condensor $9

Got home and it was the wrong one so I thought Hmmmmm went back today said it's the wrong one they didn't have any others listed in there computer so I took then out n showed them the one I needed

Now they found the one in the book listed for the car and bingo it was the right one but it's a huge price jump

$41.99

Anyone els have this issue? I couldn't believe the price I have never seen a condensor be this expensive Before

Members dont see this ad

there is a few variants listed for the k motors, thats the problem. Without seeing the exact variant you use the parts dude will just give you the most common (cheapest) part in the hope its the right one. You really should note down the part numbers next time to save yourself the issue.

Condensors are pretty much the same thing thing across 90% of points vehicles. Are you running the Denso distributor or something?

Edited by xy500

I had an ignition module die in the dizzy of my 2AC engine. Once I diagnosed that this was the fault, I went shopping...

Aftermarket no-frills brand price - $48, genuine Bosch price - $97.

Bosch is pricey, but IMHO is worth it for quality bits :y: That is of course, if they give you the right bits! :wink:

A small book that you jot down any part numbers in is a valuable tool. I use the back cover of my Haynes manual for this, very handy! :yes: I started doing this after a guy in Autobarn handed me a dizzy cap for my 4K KE70 which had 6 spark lead points & wondered why I had an issue... A 6 cylinder factory fitted engine in a Corolla?!? :hmm: I'd like to see that! :laff:

Edited by carbonboy

I had the same issue, bought a condenser for my KE20 and it was $31.00 with discount. I was shocked at the time but I guess it must be an odd one which costs quite a bit more than the others.

It fixed my problem so I guess it was 30 bucks well spent

HOLY CRAP $31.00 for a condenser SHIT.

I have never paid more than 5 cents for one.

If you keen a condenser is just a capacitor that helps prevent arcing across the points when they open making them last longer.

Corollas are 0.22uF go to your local electronics shop capacitor worth about 5cents problem fixed.

Or get any capacitor witha 0.22uF value and bolt it on.

But also points and dizzy caps I find easy as to get for my K motors. I use walkers but wont touch supercrap or autobarn they are crap. The walkers I uses even has KE10 parts on the shelf ready to sell so just look for a better parts shop. Why spend your hard-earned cash at a place that rips you off gives you the wrong parts and sells shit over priced.

As about a month ago did points dizzy cap condenser rotor button and carbie kits for the KE15.

DIzzy cap was $15, points $8, rotor button $13, 2 carbie kits $60 so 30 each. They were Bosch parts or other brand names and that is what walkers charged me NO discount so aim for those pices.

I just walk out of shops that price gouge its crap.

Cameron

What does a condenser actually do? I'm guessing it has something to do with the points?

I'm not sure but i had mine break a few yrs back, and the car would idle fine but it would not go ANYWHERE. would just die with the slightest load applied. was weird.

and i paid under 10bucks for mine..