Budget Ke70 Build

mcmenus

hi everyone, my names Luke, i'm a 1st year apprentice chef so money is tight. my slanty set me back $250 and its my baby :)

She had rust spots above both rear lights and in the rear guards. the interior is straight and free of rips but rather stained in places. all the electrics work apart from what i can only hop is a faulty fuse for my dash lights.

so far i have fixed the rust in the boot with tac welds and fiber glass putty (money is real tight). i haven't bothered with the guards just yet. all in good time though.

the dream is to keep some elements as stock as possible such as tint bumpers lights ect. but being young and it my first car it has to be slammed with heaps of dish.

I'm not 18 till Feb so i have a lot of time to save and spend but not a great deal of mechanical no how to back me up.

we shall see how it pans out.

i will upload photos ASAP, just have to work out how.

cheers, Luke.

Members dont see this ad

Welcome to rollaclub :) ... It sounds good for $250 mate, and yea post some pics up when you can... Just letting you know that if your dash lights have gone out then more than likely your tail lights are out too because they run on the same fuse. I had the same problem until people started flashing me at night then i looked at my tail lights and they were both out and only turned on when i started braking.. The fuse should be located where the drivers side kick panel is so check it out and see if you can find any dud fuses... Hope that helps mate

blzbub666, i have been going up and down your thread for probably the last week now and i have to say, I'm in love with your car. its amazing what a little attention to detail can achieve even if money isn't in abundance. wicked job

RX-747, hahah that saves a lot of hassles. thank you very much. the dash was only working if i held the lights half way between low and full beam and the breaks had nothing so ill have a bit of a look. cheers :D

I'd suggest saving for the extra week or two to get a good part and waiting for good cheap stuff and not impulse buying.

The amount of crap I have replaced. And the money I have wasted.

But trust me, once the rolla bug hits, say goodbye to lots of hard earned cash.

blzbub666, i have been going up and down your thread for probably the last week now and i have to say, I'm in love with your car. its amazing what a little attention to detail can achieve even if money isn't in abundance. wicked job

RX-747, hahah that saves a lot of hassles. thank you very much. the dash was only working if i held the lights half way between low and full beam and the breaks had nothing so ill have a bit of a look. cheers :D

Sounds like your dash and rear light issue may be a faulty switch rather than a fuse if you can get them to work a bit when you fiddle the position between high and low beam,because you have power there,poven by the fact of what I said above..

Good looking buy for $250,can't really go wrong.

Edited by jimmy-d

Sounds like your dash and rear light issue may be a faulty switch rather than a fuse if you can get them to work a bit when you fiddle the position between high and low beam,because you have power there,poven by the fact of what I said above..

Good looking buy for $250,can't really go wrong.

yeah true I'm not really sure what the go is. one of my mates is an apprentice auto elec so ill get him to have a look. its starting to confuse me too much lol

anyways, this is how its looking now.

fixed the boot rust, put the lights back in ant now it looks like more of a car :)

post-13335-0-79646000-1307012337_thumb.jpg

post-13335-0-34478700-1307012575_thumb.jpg

post-13335-0-65957800-1307012698_thumb.jpg

dude good luck on the build :) have a look at mine I'm a first year aprentice

i got my car for 2000 to much lol

but i have only had it for a year and look what i have done not much but plenty for 7.00 an hour :)

get in there mind you mine isnt a ksev but a te72

look around the parts section

parts come up here and there ass has been said be wairy of thai shti on ebay :dance: go for gold

linky should be in the signiture DOWN THERE

Edited by t18drifts

Rip one out of a wreck or have one made up by a brake shop- While you're doing brakes, cut a slot in the brake line mount on the struts so you can pull the brake line off the strut without undoing it. That allows you to remove the strut from the car without undoing the brake line.

Get a set of relays into the headlights, the stock ones are dangerouly pathetic.

Fit Corona lower control arms & if you can find a Celica rear sway at the same wrecker grab that.

Chop the springs and get new shocks. Unless you want it lower than mine in which case you'll need lowering springs!

Save up for a better carb setup, Weber or twin SUs, with a cam & extractors..

An electronic dizzy cleans up the firing very well too.

Damm good price, you got a lot of car for the money!

http://www.rollaclub...the-girls-ke70/

Edited by altezzaclub