Which Engine Is Equal To Honda K20-R

salman

hi all,

i am searching for a toyota engine capable of competing with honda k20 type-R motor (220hp/160tq). in drag racing on streets..

the only engine which clicks me is 1UZFE, but because of the torque at low RPM, spinning is an issue. but i m not sure,

if it does the same with Mannul transmition W58, its 250hp/250tq. we had few swaps here with A/T., they just spins badly in first 2 gears,

we found it equalant to B16. we can be wrong.

you input is highly appriciated..

2ZZGE is not an option... because of unrealiability and it don't stand a chance againt K20.

looking for an engine to compete on stock grounds,

thanks for your time..

Members dont see this ad

far out the ka20 engine is running 11.7:1 compression ratio!

no wonder they can get 220hp out of it.

i think you'll be hard pressed to find a 4clr Toyota engine that has equivalent in N/A form.

honda engines are pretty damn good at what they do.

that 2GRFE looks pretty impressive, but it has 50% more cylinders than the honda!

that 2GRFE looks pretty impressive, but it has 50% more cylinders than the honda!

lol yes, but seen as he isn't happy with the 2ZZ (that would be my pick of the 4cyls) and the 1UZ has too much low down torque the 2GR is a good middle ground. Should be able to source one in his area too.

I can't remember exactly but I remember talking to Teddy about the 2ZZs reliability problems. From memory it stems from oil pumps shattering at high RPM. There's aftermarket options available naturally. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the pump design, just the materials and possibly insufficient engine balancing/harmonic balancer. RB26s and SR20s (and I'm sure heaps of others) use the same pump design, while RBs have oil pump drive problems I can't ever remember hearing of one shattering even at 9,000rpm. Certainly haven't heard of many SR oil pump failures on its own terms.

how about this one:

The 3GR-FSE adds D4 direct injection. The 3GR-FSE engine is rated at 256 PS (188 kW; 252 hp) at 6,200 RPM and 32 kg·m (314 N·m; 231 ft·lbf) at 3,600 RPM.

Applications:

2004 Toyota Mark X (GRX121) (Japan)

2003 Toyota Crown Royal & Athlete (GRS182/183) (Japan)

2006 Lexus GS 300 (GRS190/195) (Europe & North America)

2008 Toyota Crown Royal (GRS202/203) (Japan)

best part it all those cars are RWD already.

Glenn (Celica_RA45) on Toymods is getting ~190kw at the wheels out of an NA 3SGE BEAMS, so it is an option (not directly out of the box though, requires a fair bit of work to get to that level)

I don't think Australian 2ZZs suffered most of the problems that occured elsewhere either (the oil pump gears was mostly earlier models I believe in the US).

Two jay zee no shit is equal and beyond but 6 cyl

3sge.... in n/a will be good fun, 20v, n/a sr(can't belive I just said it), again a 6cyl but rb26 n/a (has been done), the trd aurion v6's f@$king fly, I don't know much about the k20a's but I know they scoot with some decent mods but so does everything else I just mentioned

*edited because I just read the thread properly........ :bash:

Edited by SLW42

thanks to every one for the input, :yes:

I am sorry for the late reply, indeed 3SGE BEAMS is a good engine, a friend bought one, i don't know which version is it, but looks very beautiful, he says that the engine is over rated!! few dyno shows it below 180hP(stock) while the rated out put is 210ps?? :blush:

ill concider it... just have to wait and watch untill my fiend install it..

the MarkX engines are expensive here, :hmm:

I own a SR-5(KE70R) 1JZGTE, SINGLE TURBO, 400WHP!!!!

i can concider 1JZGE AND 2JZGE as well ??