Which Engine Is Equal To Honda K20-R

salman

what if i had to decide among the followings...

2jzge distributor vs 3sge 9dual vvti . beams..

have you researched any of these engine conversion? or are you just pulling numbers and letters out of the air?

both are completly different engines, with completely different characteristics not to mention the price and effort differences in shoe horning them into your car.

if you are drag racing what is important is the area under the curve in terms or power and torques. quoting peak power/torque is somewhat useless as it might be a dog in the lower RPM's.

N/A is cool, untill you realise how much slower you are going than an engine that cost 1/4 the cost to build but has a hair dryer attached!:P

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

have you researched any of these engine conversion? or are you just pulling numbers and letters out of the air?

both are completly different engines, with completely different characteristics not to mention the price and effort differences in shoe horning them into your car.

if you are drag racing what is important is the area under the curve in terms or power and torques. quoting peak power/torque is somewhat useless as it might be a dog in the lower RPM's.

N/A is cool, untill you realise how much slower you are going than an engine that cost 1/4 the cost to build but has a hair dryer attached!:P

does those number and my words sound like they come out of the Air!!

wht kind of chracteristics are we talking about here? not to mention their displacement and cylinder diffrence, I don't think i have to mention that or i have to.. they both came in sports enditions.. nor any of these engine will act like a dog in low rpm.. yes 3S is very well engineered. multicam profile ,but it gets instantly agrassive when switches to hi cam profile, which in my view is a disadvantge, we race on streets normally,

were 2jzge produces the same amout of power, its very simple, cheaper.

Searches...

i didnt found any one the above engine racing a honda with 200hp engine... i searched alteeza and na supra. but i failed. literally, can't find it..

this is the only reason i came here to ask you guys about these engines...

what i don't know is how this engine reacts if they are installed in a half weighted cars...

please reffer to my previous built, i own a 500hp SR-5...next to no traction even with BS.SO2. 265/45/17, deadly!

i will be installing this engine in a ke70.. corolla. will use that car for drag racing on regular streets..

yes 3S is very well engineered. multicam profile ,but it gets instantly agrassive when switches to hi cam profile, which in my view is a disadvantge, we race on streets normally,

were 2jzge produces the same amout of power, its very simple, cheaper.

The 3SGE BEAMS doesn't have "multicam" profiles, it has a single cam profile like pretty much any other car, just with variable valve timing. It's not a VTEC or VVTLi engine where you have a seperate cam profile with extra lift and duration for when up high in the power band, and since the variable valve timing is infinite you won't get that sudden aggressive step change like you do with a VTEC or a 2ZZGE.

And remember that whilst the 2JZGE may have ~15-20kw more than the 3S, it is also a rather large 3.0L straight six, thus putting more weight over the front end and quite likely requiring mods to the firewall and tunnel to get it to fit. You can't just look at numbers on a piece of paper or dyno sheet and make decisions based entirely of that.

And as an aside, even though you're in a different country with different laws, most of us don't approve of street drag racing - it is dangerous, stupid, and in most places illegal. Take it to the drag strip if you want to face off against your mates.

Lol in a race it does matter and someone has to put Honda in their place. :P

Go 3sge beams, 2jz will just spin the wheels and won't be as aggressive top end (you won't be able to get any of the power down), unless you put a dual vvti head I think off late model 1jz and maybe even late model 2jz. Also 3sge beams will be easier to install. If you want all out go a 2jzgte (turbo) the stock w58 box will be able to handle anything you throw at it then put a shortened hilux diff in the rear and if you can get traction you will annihilate ANY Honda... lots of money though.

Is it really worth building a whole car just to beat some Hondas? MHO you should make some proper goals of your own. GOOD LUCK though and keep us up to date :)

You can alter the characteristics of the 3S-GE with an aftermarket ECU that controls the VVT1. A few guys in Altezzaclub have them.

There was never any option to the 3S, its been done and its the only North-South 4cyl you can use. I thought you would've had it done by now...

The 3SGE BEAMS doesn't have "multicam" profiles, it has a single cam profile like pretty much any other car, just with variable valve timing. It's not a VTEC or VVTLi engine where you have a seperate cam profile with extra lift and duration for when up high in the power band, and since the variable valve timing is infinite you won't get that sudden aggressive step change like you do with a VTEC or a 2ZZGE.

My bad, i expected it to have control over both cams and timming... :D

hats off to honda for engieering such engines, yes! your the power of dreams...

And as an aside, even though you're in a different country with different laws, most of us don't approve of street drag racing - it is dangerous, stupid, and in most places illegal. Take it to the drag strip if you want to face off against your mates.

i know how u feel when u wrote the line mentioned above, we race on the streets, as we don't have any other option. but those street are out of the city, we don't have drag strips, this is the only reason we go to the area's where no one lives only we go there to race and have fun, we know the value of our and others life's, ...

Back to the topic... :D Damm low battery!! ill be back ... ;)